The Bob Show

General discussion about the sport of hang gliding
bobk

Re: The Bob Show

Post by bobk »

Tad Eareckson wrote:If you want your wire cut again keep wasting my time and making me go blind ...
A good feeling to remember. :)

USHPA's insurance monopoly is the more important topic right now anyway. I hope you can post about how your hang gliding career has been damaged by USHPA and their affiliates.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

- Ended. Destroyed.

- Yeah. I was starting to do that three and a half hours ago when you threw this spanner into the works over an altered vowel. Hope you got YOUR money's worth out of it.
bobk

Post by bobk »

Tad Eareckson wrote:- Ended. Destroyed.
I assume that's your flying career. Give as many details as you can. Feel free to PM any that might be tactical. It's just dawning on me that USHPA might have a history of this. I can think of a few others also.
Tad Eareckson wrote:- Yeah. I was starting to do that three and a half hours ago when you threw this spanner into the works over an altered vowel. Hope you got YOUR money's worth out of it.
I don't enjoy anyone protecting people who hide behind fake names. We have a policy on U.S. Hawks that real names must be used when attacking others. Otherwise the advantage goes to the anonymous attacker and that'not fair. Jonathan deserves no more protection than anyone else on this planet.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
Steve Davy

Post by Steve Davy »

Edited Jonathan's last name out of Bob's post 2017/08/07 04:03:23 UTC.
Steve Davy

Post by Steve Davy »

Banned bobk for one day 2017/08/07 04:13:08 UTC.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

I don't enjoy anyone protecting people who hide behind fake names.
Thank you so very much for providing this information concerning what you don't enjoy. And go fuck yourself for representing that Jonathan is hiding behind a fake name here or anywhere else on the glider cybersphere.
We...
Royal We. 'Cause after half a dozen days shy of seven years there's still only one individual who has a vote that actually counts for anything.
...have a policy on U.S. Hawks that real names must be used when attacking others.
Unless it's some total fucking douchebag like Pilgrim - AKA Charles Schneider - doing the attacking and the others being attacked are Tad. Then it's perfectly OK.
Otherwise the advantage goes to the anonymous attacker and that'not fair.
And Fairness has been Emperor Bob's middle name. To a fault.
Jonathan deserves no more protection than anyone else on this planet.
'Cept here Jonathan deserves whatever the fuck I say he deserves. And you don't have - or deserve - a vote on that.
Edited Jonathan's last name out of Bob's post 2017/08/07 04:03:23 UTC.
His correctly spelled last name I'm assuming.
Banned bobk for one day 2017/08/07 04:13:08 UTC.
- Thanks for saving me the trouble.

- At least. How 'bout letting me determine when - or if - Bob gets his wire reconnected here? Right now I'm leaning towards never 'cause trying to have a productive discussion with Bob is such a sickening, life sucking waste of time and bandwidth.

I KNEW this was gonna happen. It's such a mathematically predictable pattern.

And I'll be moving all these posts from "open phones" to the appropriate topic. And Bob... IF you get back on here don't think for a nanosecond about making an issue about it.
Steve Davy

Post by Steve Davy »

How 'bout letting me determine when - or if - Bob gets his wire reconnected here?
OK. As of 2017/08/08 03:21:51 UTC bobk is banned - again - permanently.
NMERider

Post by NMERider »

Steve Davy wrote:
How 'bout letting me determine when - or if - Bob gets his wire reconnected here?
OK. As of 2017/08/08 03:21:51 UTC bobk is banned - again - permanently.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

Permanently is such an ugly word and I don't feel like celebrating. But...

Here's the record of Bob's Kite Strings in and out history:

2011/02/18 01:32:20 UTC - 2012/05/07 12:38:07 UTC
2014/11/22 03:30:58 UTC - 2017/05/05 08:00:48 UTC
2017/05/07 12:11:13 UTC - 2017/06/20 03:52:33 UTC
2017/08/03 20:03:10 UTC - 2017/08/07 04:11:23 UTC

And if you just check the record of what was going on with him during those spans - 'specially near the ends - it's un fucking believable. And the patterns just jump out and SCREAM at you.

I already knew this before this last cycle. Talked on the phone, said I'd again give him courtesy access if he gave me his word that he wouldn't post. He did, I did, he IMMEDIATELY violated the agreement, I let him slide - AGAIN. And I KNEW that you could bet the farm on where things would go from there. The pattern would be IDENTICAL. And it WAS - on steroids.

And part of that pattern is that I'm gonna get literally physically and emotionally SICK trying to get anywhere with him using stuff like math, science, history, logic, aeronautical theory, common sense and waste ENORMOUS spans of time. Someday I need to talk to a good shrink and see if there's a name for Bob's pattern of wiring or if he's a one-off. (I'm so hoping it's the latter.)

He's a difficult case though because while most of the prominent names in this sport are pure undiluted evil a smallish percentage of Bob's issues and accomplishments are legitimate and valuable and we should support him accordingly. But that's gotta be through relayed posts and communications 'cause his direct participation will always be a disaster in progress.

And that's 'cause while a smallish percentage of his issues and accomplishments are legitimate and valuable his conduct and tactics...
Rich Hass - 2015/04/12

In a subsequent restraining order hearing initiated by Air California Adventures against Mr. Kuczewski, the judge watched Mr. Kuczewski's own video of the confrontation and commented that Mr. Kuczewski's behavior was "just totally unacceptable behavior".
...are gonna be anything but - ALWAYS.

And consequently you can also make some pretty solid predictions about his closest supporters and allies.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

Just got a really pissed off hour long phone call - which has left me drained and with a sore throat - from Bob regarding my post above with the Rich Hass quote (which has appeared on Kite Strings eight times before). He said I was misrepresenting the situation. I said I was just accurately quoting someone else - not for the first time - and have never heard him take issue with it anywhere. He said - short version - it was taken out of context and deliberately misleading. I invited him to address it in black and white and I'd be more than happy to post his response. He said he didn't wanna play that game. So that's about all I really have.

I told Bob that my take of the video was similar to what was represented in the quote but that what Bob was saying could very well be perfectly true - based upon what we know about ACA and u$hPa. (And there was certainly no justification for the subsequent treatment Bob received from ACA and San Diego's corrupt legal machinery.)

We discussed Bob's Kite Strings access status and the banning issue. I repeated that he's only been officially banned once and that subsequent plug pullings were for abuse of the courtesy privilege to the point of substanial disruption of the forum's mission. His perception is different and, I think, adequately expressed in posts leading up to the pullings.

Below are my responses to all of Bob's first posts in the three courtesy periods:
Bob Kuczewski - 2017/05/02 15:49:14 UTC
Tad Eareckson - 2017/05/02 20:56:26 UTC

You're not supposed to be posting over here, Bob. The deal was that I'd restore your full unrestricted member access - complete with Personal Messaging privileges - and that you wouldn't post. And no reciprocation required and no other strings. And here we are and I don't know what I'm gonna do about it just yet. (Possibly nothing.)
Bob Kuczewski - 2017/06/15 08:06:50 UTC
Tad Eareckson - 2017/06/15 12:14:39 UTC

1. Wow. Didn't think you'd figure out so fast that I'd only had your plug pulled for two and a quarter days (2017/05/05 08:00:48 UTC - 2017/05/07 12:11:13 UTC).

2. Kinda nice to be able to have the level of access you do at a forum/organization...

http://www.ushawks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=822
US Hawks Hook-In Verification Poll
Bob Kuczewski - 2011/11/04 15:17:15 UTC

I'm sorry to burst your dictatorial bubble...
...from which you've been very legitimately banned, isn't it? Find me some comparable examples from within the culture.
Bob Kuczewski - 2017/08/04 06:51:08 UTC
Tad Eareckson - 2017/08/04 14:08:50 UTC

Bob called me late yesterday afternoon my time over this issue (which I'd been following. My defenses were down a good bit 'cause I'm total emotional wreckage now and I agreed to post something relevant to help spread the word. The subject of banning came up and reminded Bob that he'd never been unbanned but I'd reconnected his wire as a courtesy on the condition that he didn't post. And I told him I'd be happy to ONCE AGAIN reconnect his wire on if he agreed not to post. He did, I did, and here we are (again).