USHGRS.org

General discussion about the sport of hang gliding
Tad Eareckson

Re: USHGRS.org

Post by Tad Eareckson »

http://ozreport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57148
Pilot Pages at USHGRS
Doug M (Douglas Marley) - 2018/09/17 21:05:08 UTC

If this was a completely voluntary endeavor, without you amassing all possible details of information on all us pilots involuntarily, and if you were not closely aligned with bobk and rick masters, I would be more inclined to trust. To me, their tactics and comments are unscrupulous. They fit right in with tad eareckson in my opinion ( I've seen reference that tad has joined forces with them, too). They may be fine pilots and friends to have on launch and LZ, but their comments and conduct of record don't sit well. Sorry.

Thanks Joe.
Oh, their unscrupulous tactics fit right in with tad eareckson in your opinion. And where would hang gliding be without the opinions of assholes who haven't yet figured out how to use the shift key.

And you've seen reference that tad has joined forces with bobk and rick masters, too. Yeah, we get along famously - the public record on that speaks for itself. Did you see my 2018/09/17 07:33:18 UTC post - about thirteen and a half hours prior to yours - in which I (again) identified Bob as a sociopath? And I'll save you the trouble of sifting through the archives and just reaffirm my sentiment that Rick Masters can go fuck himself permanently.

And your buddy Joe here was a member of the Bob Show Fake Board of Directors that Bob used to rubber stamp and give an extremely thin veneer of legitimacy to his sleazy banning of Yours Truly the better part of seven years ago.

But hell, thanks for the advertising anyway. And DO send my regards to your buddy Davis - whose middle name is Scrupulous.
Steve Davy

Post by Steve Davy »

I figure that Doug is very smart and at some point might just get around to pulling his head out of his ass. I'm not expecting that will happen anytime soon though.

PS - Doug, try publicly asking Davis about the load to actuation ratio of the barrel release that he sells and see what happens.
Steve Davy

Post by Steve Davy »

Joe,

Are you going to include Zack (RIP) Marzec and John (RIP) Harrison to the list? If so, does Zack get a higher rating considering that he only managed to kill himself rather than himself and a little kid?
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

http://www.hanggliding.org/viewtopic.php?t=36186
HG pioneer Joe Faust should not be banned from HG.org forum
Jack Axaopoulos - 2018/09/24 03:05:38 UTC

Your post is very misleading Frank.

First of all, Joe is not listing public ushpa records. He is listing ratings with his orgs name on them. He listed me and others and refuses to take us off this orgs list, even when we asked. He even added dead pilots to his new org, who had no choice in the matter. Its really disrespectful. I hope when I die people dont just start adding me to orgs I never chose to join. I do not hold a rating in his org. I do not belong on that list, neither do the deceased or the people who asked to be removed.

Joe is banned because he was pissing off the membership. He was becoming a problem. I have no time for drama on this site. I was getting PM's from pissed off members. He's not coming back because he constantly causes me moderation issues, and I simply dont have the time to deal with this nonsense. He is free to push his org on a billion other websites on the net. Go for it.

/locked

H4, AT, FL, TFL, AWCL, CL, FSL, RLF, TUR, X-C
Your post is very misleading Frank.
And perish the thought that anyone should post anything very misleading on The Jack Show without it being properly dealt with. So any thoughts on the contentions of:

- Ryan Instant-Hands-Free-Release Voight's that hang gliders can be roll controlled hands free by running in the directing of the desired turn?

- Bart Weghorst's that nothing of any useful substance concerning AT weak links can be explained on a forum and that the only way to attain any ghost of an inkling is to take a clinic from the same AT instructor asshole who left you ten miles south clueless when he signed you off in the first place?
First of all, Joe is not listing public ushpa records. He is listing ratings with his orgs name on them.
He's listed my rating. And that was published publicly in the magazine shortly after I attained it and is currently made publicly available by u$hPa in digital archives. So go fuck yourself.
He listed me and others and refuses to take us off this orgs list, even when we asked.
First Amendment. Tough shit. If you don't like it then move to Burma. But we're still gonna publish your records.
He even added dead pilots to his new org, who had no choice in the matter.
- You mean like?:
John Kelly Harrison - 55 - Nevada - 53375 - H5 - 1996/10/23 - Joe Greblo - PL TFL TPL AWCL CL FSL RLF TUR XC - ADV INST, TAND INST - Exp: 2015/06/30
Good.

- As opposed to u$hPa - which erases dead pilot records at the earliest possible postmortem instant if the death is hang gliding related. Doesn't matter if it's their fault, as in the aforementioned, or somebody else's, as in Ken Muscio - or the untold scores of victims of negligent and incompetent u$hPa instructors. Nancy Tachibana comes to immediate mind.
Its really disrespectful.
- 'Cause some illiterate twat who doesn't know what an apostrophe is so proclaims it? Suck my dick, Jack. If anything's disrespectful of anyone deserving any respect it's pretending they never existed in the first place. And the hang gliding mainstream is totally excellent at that approach.

- Hey regular Jack Show douchebags... Y'all good with that? If you get fatally inconvenienced by the focal point of your safe towing systems you'll want all the the records of merit badges for which you worked over the years or decades shreded? 'Cause it would be disrespectful to mention them in your obits?
I hope when I die...
...it's soon but slow and totally agonizing.
...people dont just start adding me to orgs I never chose to join.
Don't worry 'bout this one. No way in hell - EVER.
I do not hold a rating in his org.
You got no fuckin' business holding any rating in any org. But if being one in Joe's pisses you off... Go for it, Joe.
I do not belong on that list, neither do the deceased or the people who asked to be removed.
See above about tough shit.
Joe is banned because he was pissing off the membership.
Fuck you. Current Jack Show membership - 10567. Neither you nor anybody else has a goddam clue as to the positions of more than 0.1 percent of that. Nah, I take that back. Pretty safe bet that 99.9 percent of that don't give flying fucks one way or another.
He was becoming a problem.
And without people like Joe hang gliding would have no problems and everyone would get along famously.
I have no time for drama on this site.
Tad Eareckson - 2014/11/18 13:54:11 UTC

I just figured out that I despise people who use the word "drama" with respect to hang gliding conflicts.
I was getting PM's from pissed off members.
Pissed off anonymous members who went running to mommy because somebody was taking a position with which they didn't agree. And they didn't have the balls to express their positions publicly because they were afraid that others might not agree with them.

Bull fucking shit, Jack.
He's not coming back because he constantly causes me moderation issues...
Small world. He just caused me serious moderation issues - so I disconnected his moderator button.
...and I simply dont have the time to deal with this nonsense.
- Wow. Didn't have much time to deal with Bart Weghorst's nonsense either. Good thing Seahawk was there to abruptly and permanently shut him up by quoting him.

- So what do you think would've happened if you did nothing? Are you afraid it would be even more boring and substanceless than it is now? Do you think that's even remotely possible?
He is free to push his org on a billion other websites on the net. Go for it.
Wow. A billion other hang gliding websites. Sport must be in a lot better shape than I've been assuming.
/locked
Why do you hafta lock it? You banned Joe and none of your remaining membership wants it discussed.
H4, AT, FL, TFL, AWCL, CL, FSL, RLF, TUR, X-C
- I'm republishing your self reported ratings over here - asshole. Watchya gonna do about it?
- What total fucking moron signed you off for AT?
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

JoeF - 2018/09/30 19:46:46 UTC

The four edits

Tad,
Those four edits were tiny exploration of the openness found: spelling minors or punctuation just to have you look a tiny be more polished. It felt odd. I had hoped that your program, like a wiki, might have let you see the edits, but I now guess that there is no record of the tiny edits. I would not change the content or meaning or style of someone' post.
Best,
Joe
Thanks for the PM, Joe.

As to the edits... I make such corrections all the freakin' time - to my posts and those of other members. And when I'm quoting someone from another forum I'll frequently clean things up a bit unless the author is a semiliterate moron who's never bothered to learn the differences between bridle/bridal, tension/pressure, two/three, trial/trail. Then I leave things intact so's the reader gets an accurate perspective on the individual with whom he's dealing.

The problem with what you did is that I maintain in word processing an archive of everything posted here and that serves as the master copy. And unfortunately the forum software records only the topics in which non-author edits were made and not the individual posts. And two of the topics in which you made edits have around seventeen hundred submissions - the vast majority of them mine. So if you can recall which particular posts you edited...

Both Steve and Brian proofread my posts and typically just paste in a several word sequence containing the error and that allows me to immediately locate and correct it - both online and in my archive.

Unbanning Bob... Bob's a menace to just about everything Kite Strings stands for and is trying to accomplish. And he's destructively edited content both on his forum and this one. I've repeatedly cut him some slack over here and repeatedly watched him immediately violate the crap outta the agreed upon terms and violate the posting rules he sets and maintains on his forum. And extending his reach beyond what it is now...
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

Fuck ratings. The sport was aeronautically incompetent at the beginning of time and has been going steadily downhill ever since. The rating system exists for the sole purpose commercial interests being able to control and exploit recreational flyers, turf, resources.

Instructors teach total shit that needs to be totally unlearned before their victims can start developing the competencies they need for good prospects for long term survival.

Name me ONE certified instructor who teaches:
- hook-in checks
- landing gliders in certified configuration
- RLF approaches
- the difference between a tow release and a weak link
- to do the fuckin' stomp test when the fuckin' manual tells you to
- that:
-- backup loops and locking carabiners are moronic
-- nothing creates carnage like declaring a spot landing contest
-- the excellent book, Towing Aloft, by Dennis Pagen and Bill Bryden is a load o' shit
-- Zack Marzec got fatally inconvenienced by the focal point of his safe towing system
-- a rubber duck will be more useful than an easily reachable release in a lockout emergency
-- one can't:
--- always afford to throw away the first half of the runway
--- control the glider with his hands at shoulder or ear height on the control tubes

Hang Fives...
John Kelly Harrison - 55 - Nevada - 53375 - H5 - 1996/10/23 - Joe Greblo - PL TFL TPL AWCL CL FSL RLF TUR XC - ADV INST, TAND INST - Exp: 2015/06/30
Been around for a while, lotsa airtime, haven't rocked the u$hPa boat.

Wanna see the credentials I have from u$hPa that actually count for something?

http://ozreport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24846
Is this a joke ?
Jim Rooney - 2011/08/25 04:55:25 UTC

Don't even get me started on Tad. That obnoxious blow hard has gotten himself banned from every flying site that he used to visit... he doesn't fly anymore... because he has no where to fly. His theories were annoying at best and downright dangerous most of the time. Good riddance.

So, argue all you like.
I don't care.
I've been through all these arguments a million times... this is my job.
I could be more political about it, but screw it... I'm not in the mood to put up with tender sensibilities... Some weekend warrior isn't about to inform me about jack sh*t when it comes to towing. I've got thousands upon thousands of tows under my belt. I don't know everything, but I'll wager the house that I've got it sussed a bit better than an armchair warrior.
Dr. Trisa Tilletti - 2012/06
Dr. Trisa Tilletti - 1

Unlike the FAA's relatively clear-cut legal rules, the practical aspects of weak link technology and application are not so clear-cut. For some people, talking about weak links is more like talking about religion, politics, or global warming--they can get very emotional about it and have difficulty discussing it logically, rationally, or with civility.
Dr. Trisa Tilletti - 2

So let's try to talk about it rationally, logically, and practically here.
Along the same lines...

http://ozreport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30971
Zach Marzec
Jim Rooney - 2013/02/17 10:37:47 UTC

I'm not sure who you're arguing with Zack, but it's sure not me... cuz man... you've got some pretty big hangups mate.

Ra ra ra... burn the greenspot!!!!
Get real man.
You think that's all we use?
Hell, just in this thread, you seem to have missed the 200lb orange links.
Ah, but your strawman argument lives and breaths by your black and white hyperbole.
When you come back to reality, let me know.
Till then, I'm sick of it.

You're hear to argue. Plain and simple. I've got better stuff to do.
Go blow smoke somewhere else. I couldn't give a rats ass... I won't be towing you so what do I care?
USHGRS.org
United States Hang Gliding Rating System

Those are either 100.0 percent u$hPa issued ratings or close enough. How legitimate can they be considered coming from an organization that incompetent, corrupt, and despicable?
Steve Davy

Post by Steve Davy »

Name me ONE certified instructor who teaches hook-in checks.
Are we talking about prior or post launch hook-in checks?
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

http://www.hanggliding.org/viewtopic.php?t=23476
Aborting launch ...as a technique
Dave Hopkins - 2011/10/04 23:57:12 UTC

We can abort on most slope launches. if it goes bad in the first couple steps We can put on the brakes and get away with a dropped nose or small ground loop.
Also if we are not hooked in we should be aware that the glider has flown too high and we can let go of it before we get into the air or going to fast . I teach this on the training hill. we should let the glider fly off our shoulder and be very aware that the strap is tight . If the glider keeps going up let it go.
Speaking of total douchebag u$hPa Instructors.

Last Jack Show appearance: 2017/06/26 04:28:32 UTC.
Steve Davy

Post by Steve Davy »

http://www.hanggliding.org/viewtopic.php?t=36186
HG pioneer Joe Faust should not be banned from HG.org forum

http://www.hanggliding.org/viewtopic.php?t=36257
Asking for names of all HG.org banned persons.

Both topics, vanished.
<BS>

Post by <BS> »

http://ushawks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=24942#p24942
USHGRS
For months USHGRS has posted on its site "Sponsor Opportunity Here" in some spaces on the site.
Some message about that was sent to some HG businesses. A first sponsor has purchased a front-page spot.
The US Hawks forum took the spot. Other spots are still available.
Onward and upward!