The Tad Show

General discussion about the sport of hang gliding
bobk

The Tad Show

Post by bobk »

Originally Posted - 2017/10/27 17:25:40 UTC
----
This topic is intended as a dumping ground for off-topic posts by Tad and his minions that appear throughout this forum.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
miguel

Re: The Tad Show

Post by miguel »

:lol:

Sysop or whomever, thanks for bringing the old format back ;)
bobk

Post by bobk »

bobk wrote:This topic is intended as a dumping ground for off-topic posts by Tad and his minions that appear throughout this forum.
miguel wrote: :lol:
Yea, that is pretty funny. This forum has about 10,000 posts with nearly 8,000 by Tad. Even without his minions, that would make this a pretty big topic. ;)

I started this topic out of frustration with the USHPA Monopoly topic which was continually dragged all over the place. That would be tolerable if it were at least consistent, but the moving of posts appears to be at the moderators' whims. A number of mine were removed from their original location and dumped in the "Bob Show" topic (the inspiration for this topic's name).

I've spoken with Tad about more consistent moderation, but that's pretty funny too. :lol:
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
bobk

Post by bobk »

I'm glad to see that you've recovered from your TapaCrap attack.

Thanks also for your words of appreciation for my help. I don't know if it actually made any difference, but I think you know now that I was giving you solid advice and information even though we don't agree on much of anything. As the saying goes ... I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend your right to say it.

As for my participation here, I think I'm pretty burned out. I came here to try to combine forces on breaking USHPA's monopoly, but it hasn't worked out very well. Maybe the resentment is too deep.

Carry on ...
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

I'm glad to see that you've recovered from your TapaCrap attack.
Thank you, but we haven't yet - by a fairly long shot. Speaking of which, it would be most helpful if you restored an avatar for your profile. Looks like you just deleted the corrupted whatever-it-was which was left in the wake of the transition/restoration. Our site might look and you'd get to advertise what you want a little better.
Thanks also for your words of appreciation for my help.
Quite welcome.
I don't know if it actually made any difference...
Probably not in the product we now see but it did in my understanding of how these things work.
...but I think you know now that I was giving you solid advice and information...
I knew long before now. I knew while you were giving it.
I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend your right to say it.
Except, of course, when the safety of Bob Show people of varying ages may be an issue. I'd be able to identify them when no one could and communicate with them via Personal Messaging - legally, by the way. And one can only imagine in absolute horror what scenarios would virtually inevitably progress from there. Well, I actually CAN'T, Bob. Maybe you could give us some possible scenario that wouldn't have everybody laughing their asses off. Something with some grain of foundation in the REAL world.

But anyway... That (fake) ugly threat could be dealt with by depriving me of my Personal Messaging rights. But that wouldn't actually...

http://www.ushawks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1701
Complaints about Tad
Rick Masters - 2015/01/16 18:59:15 UTC

He has concerns about people trying to muck up the forum, but he has also dealt effectively with Tad.
...deal effectively with Tad. And I'd really like to hear your comment on that take from one of your most valued members, Bob. Was it really about protecting people of varying ages from me or dealing effectively with me? I think you really owe it to your minio... membership to make the moral purity of your actions perfectly unambiguously clear. I know I would if there were a similar situation here.
As for my participation here, I think I'm pretty burned out.
Me too. I've been pretty burned out since figuring out what was really going in with the sport and why. But I keep plugging along anyway.
I came here to try to combine forces on breaking USHPA's monopoly, but it hasn't worked out very well.
And just think how swimmingly it would've worked out all the active Kite Strings members who are active flyers and aren't also Bob Show members jumped on board with everything you want to say and do.

And I'm gonna call that number ZERO - 'cause I:
- know fer sure it's a number real close to that
- can't view your Member list to achieve any better precision
Maybe the resentment is too deep.
Yet it wasn't too deep for monumental efforts on your behalf concerning your arrests at the Torrey Gliderport and expulsion from u$hPa. Go figure.
Carry on ...
OK, let's deal with your two previous posts in this topic you launched. Tad's minions all have Moderator powers on The Tad Show. What kinds of actual powers do highly valued and respected US Hawks members - like Scott C. Wise, Rick Masters, Bill Cummings - who aren't Bob have?

Also... Compare/Contrast the access Bob has to The Tad Show with what Tad and Steve have to The Bob Show.
This topic is intended as a dumping ground for off-topic posts by Tad and his minions that appear throughout this forum.
Good luck.
Yea...
Do you know what that word is, what it means, how to pronounce it?

http://www.shga.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=3840
[TIL] About Tad Eareckson
Orion Price - 2013/03/14 02:30:05 UTC

Yea, someone else pointed that out to me. That's some weird stuff. A window into the mind of a madman.
http://www.hanggliding.org/viewtopic.php?t=34243
Fatal HG crash in Tres Pinos CA 4-3-2016
Ryan Voight - 2016/04/17 04:48:42 UTC

Now I might suggest any additional discussion about "run more toward the lifting wing"... or about why a weight-shift flex wing hang glider rolls when we move our ass... we should take it to another thread, yea? Image Image Image
(Rhetorical question.)
...that is pretty funny.
http://www.hanggliding.org/viewtopic.php?t=7174
H/G Jokes
Mark Webber - 2008/06/05 15:40:53 UTC

HAY, do you know what a powered paraglider sounds like at idle?
Jegg, Jebb, Jebb, Jebb.....yea, I know, It's only a tad funny.
This forum has about 10,000 posts with nearly 8,000 by Tad.
A nanosecond before you clicked submit on this one there were precisely 10641 posts on the forum with 7909 of them by Yours Truly. So there were about 11000 posts total and a bit over 7900 by Tad if you wanna round off. But with the data so easily accessible how come you don't just use the precise figures? 'Cause it's more fun to round things the wrong way to shade things in favor of your positions?
Even without his minions...
Care to clearly and individually identify those whom you consider my minions? Just kidding. 'Cause your game plan is to always stay so vague that you minimize the number of people you're gonna alienate and count on people hearing from you what they wanna hear.
...that would make this a pretty big topic. ;)
http://www.ushawks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=881
Davis Straub; Idiot Statist, Endless Wars & Tyranny
Warren Narron - 2015/02/08 00:52:29 UTC

The Hawks has no product. There is no there, there.
I started this topic out of frustration with the USHPA Monopoly topic which was continually dragged all over the place. That would be tolerable if it were at least consistent, but the moving of posts appears to be at the moderators' whims.
Name a glider forum in which that's not the case. And do please remember what you did to the posts of Tad's and Steve's...

http://www.ushawks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=807
Banned Posts from SWTHG Forum
Bob Kuczewski - 2011/10/20 06:02:42 UTC

This topic contains posts which have been banned from the SW Texas Hang Gliders Forum at the request of their President.
This post is a log of the activities required for that removal.
October 20, 2011 - Began removal of all posts by TadEareckson.
October 20, 2011 - Finished removal of all posts by TadEareckson.
...upon the request of your Pigfucker Sam buddy.
A number of mine were removed from their original location and dumped in the "Bob Show" topic (the inspiration for this topic's name).
Yeah, we know. It's just that there's no indication that anybody besides you give's a rat's ass. And that's 'cause the management of your posts wasn't done to obscure meaning or sabotage continuity.
I've spoken with Tad about more consistent moderation...
Well, if it's consistency ya really want...
Dr. Trisa Tilletti - 2012/06

Actually, that is our expectation of performance for weak links on hang gliders here at Cloud 9, too. Primarily, we want the weak link to fail as needed to protect the equipment, and not fail inadvertently or inconsistently. We want our weak links to break as early as possible in lockout situations, but be strong and reliable enough to avoid frequent weak link breaks from turbulence. It is the same expectation of performance that we have for the weak links we use for towing sailplanes.
Hard to beat Wrapped and Tied 130 pound Greenspot weak link loops. Great at:
- failing as needed to protect the equipment
- not fail inadvertently or inconsistently
- breaking as early as possible in lockout situations
- being strong and reliable enough to avoid frequent weak link breaks from turbulence
- meeting the expectation of performance that we have for the weak links we use for towing sailplanes
- being extremely appropriate for any solo glider you wanna name
...but that's pretty funny too.
Yeah? So what did you think about that paragraph of Trisa's from the magazine? Oh, right. You have very little experience with towing so you couldn't possibly comment.

P.S. Note that you still have full Member level access and privileges here, Bob. And a while back on the phone you made agreeable noises about giving me Bob Show access with minus the posting and messaging buttons about which I don't give flying fucks anyway. Just stuff to make it a lot easier for me to research, pull, document content. Any progress on that so far?
bobk

Post by bobk »

Tad Eareckson wrote:it would be most helpful if you restored an avatar for your profile. Looks like you just deleted the corrupted whatever-it-was which was left in the wake of the transition/restoration.
I didn't delete anything, and I'm just about done with this forum. So that missing avatar is appropriate.

I've prefixed the former monopoly topic with "NOT about" and restarted the original. So now you've got a topic to deface with your drivel and another to allow to stay on topic. I predict you (or your minions) will end up defacing them both. It's a compulsion that you can't resist. It will be fun to watch. :D
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

I'm just about done with this forum.
How prescient of you.
So that missing avatar is appropriate.
Good match for the Member who was extremely belatedly banned 2012/05/07 12:38:07 UTC and the Guest who was most recently unplugged 2017/11/13 05:09:22 UTC.
I've prefixed the former monopoly topic with "NOT about" and restarted the original.
And I've restored the topic title, locked the "restart", eliminated the bandwidth wasting duplicate text from the first restart post, moved the three new original posts to the topic in which they belonged, left the empty topic locked while I decide what to do with the space.
So now you've got a topic to deface with your drivel and another to allow to stay on topic.
I have got 81 topics to deface with my drivel and do with whatever the fuck I feel like doing with them.
I predict you (or your minions) will end up defacing them both.
I predict that me AND my minions will start defacing them both at the earliest opportunities.
It's a compulsion that you can't resist.
Who said anything about me WANTING to resist anything?
It will be fun to watch. :D
I hope so. 'Cause watching is now your only option.
Steve Davy

Post by Steve Davy »

...left the empty topic locked while I decide what to do with the space.
Consider the title "Jack Assholes (no apostrophe) Idiot Asylum" as a replacement.

http://www.hanggliding.org/
The worlds largest hang gliding community. 10+ years running. Over 380,000 forum posts.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

Yeah, sure doesn't hafta be Yours Truly who decides what to do with the space - this isn't "The Tad Show" after all. I've just unlocked the topic so anybody who wants to start a new one please post/respond there (at "blank" - 2017/11/13 02:35:07 UTC) and we can doctor things to make them totally seamless. And please do that, anybody who wants to start a new topic.

"Jack Assholes Idiot Asylum"... Sure, but good luck. He and his pet douchebags have so gutted everything of any actual substance that it's gotten to be a real challenge finding anything current worth addressing. But there's still tons of treasure buried in the archives.
---
Edit - 2017/11/14 21:15:00 UTC

Shortly after this post was submitted "blank" became "Please use to start new topic."