General discussion about the sport of hang gliding
Tad Eareckson

Re: Weak links

Post by Tad Eareckson »

http://www.hanggliding.org/viewtopic.php?t=27777
FOOT LAUNCH VS TOWING VS AERO-TOWING
Leon (flying dutchman) - 2012/12/19 06:36:50 UTC
Valle de Bravo

In the Netherlands during one of my first classes I was waiting for hours in a long row after driving several hours, for only a minute of flight! Broken weak links, chopped cables, waiting, waiting and waiting. The severe lack of talent of others rather affected me.
Thank you very much, Donnell, for making broken weak links and chopped cables and waiting, waiting, and waiting for hours in a long row after driving several hours the norm and the severe lack of talent of others a virtue.
Leon - 2012/12/19 06:46:45 UTC

PS: We do aerotowing here sometimes though, behind a Dragonfly on a dolly.
My first times aerotowing were in Belgium with a trike which pulled me out of my socks... no dolly needed...
No no no no no! In order for a tow to be safe the transition to flight must be GRADUAL. That's Number Five...
The transition to and from tow as well as any variations while on tow must be gradual in nature.
...in the Sacred Skyting Criteria. You want to start off slow and work your way up to running 25 miles per hour over the course of 75 yards or so.

And you're obviously not using appropriate weak links.
Prefer a fast trike over a slow Dragonfly.
Appropriate weak links...

http://www.chgpa.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3661
Flying the 914 Dragonfly
Jim Rooney - 2008/12/06 20:01:49 UTC

You will only ever need full throttle for the first fifty feet of a tandem tow. Don't ever pull a solo at full throttle... they will not be able to climb with you. You can tow them at 28 mph and you'll still leave them in the dust... they just won't be able to climb with you... weaklinks will go left and right.
...will blow left and right at the kind of power you prefer.

You really need to spend some time in the US to learn how to do this properly.
Steve Davy

Post by Steve Davy »

FlyingFish4031 - 2013/01/06

How To: Hang Gliding Aerotow Weak Links

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx_H22XHa1M

Here's a quick "how to" on making and attaching a weak link to an aerotow hang glider bridle. I put this together quickly for a friend just using my iPhone camera and it is based upon what I have learned from other pilots, books, and my own experience -- but I would welcome any comments, corrections, or suggestions. The video moves quickly: I thought that was better since you can always hit "pause" and move at your own pace. (If this gets a lot of hits or likes for any reason, I promise I'll make a better video.) [Note: This knot can be replaced with the larger grapevine bend (double fisherman's knot) which would probably make it stronger, but I have been using the knot shown in the video for a while and I have never seen the tag end of the lines slip at all. My conclusion is that there are no advantages to the bigger knot -- especially on a rig that is going to be replaced after a few uses anyhow due to wear at the tow ring.]
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx_H22XHa1M
How To: Hang Gliding Aerotow Weak Links

The material you're using is obviously 130 pound Magibraid (IGFA, performs the same as Greenspot) which suggests you're flying at Wallaby.
I put this together quickly for a friend just using my iPhone camera and it is based upon what I have learned from other pilots, books, and my own experience...
- What have you learned from other pilots, books, and your own experience about the purpose of a weak link? (Fifteen hundred words or less.)
- What books? Just kidding.
...but I would welcome any comments, corrections, or suggestions.
Do you need to waste all that material at the ends? These things are REAL easy to tie from a predetermined length such that there's virtually zero protrusion and waste of material.
Note: This knot can be replaced with the larger grapevine bend (double fisherman's knot) which would probably make it stronger...
- Probably? Based on what?

- Wouldn't making it stronger just make it more dangerous? Donnell Hewett established about 32 years ago that the lighter the weak link the safer it is - and there's been very little disagreement tolerated ever since.
...but I have been using the knot shown in the video for a while and I have never seen the tag end of the lines slip at all.
- Strength and slippage are entirely separate issues. If a knot slips its strength is pretty much irrelevant.

- The Fisherman's Knot doesn't slip in braided (or twisted) line. It jams to the point that it's almost impossible to untie after it's been loaded under tow. So we don't need to be discussing that issue.

- The Grapevine Knot is required for nylon monofilament - which slips like an eel. For pretty much anything else it's a waste of time and material.

- Loop weak links don't fail at the knot which forms them. They fail at one of the two strands at the point at which it exits the bridle. So we really don't need to be talking about the strength of the knot which forms the loop.
My conclusion is that there are no advantages to the bigger knot...
Correct. And a bulkier knot doesn't do anything to help the bridle end clear the tow ring - especially when you're using a weak link three times longer than it should be.
...especially on a rig that is going to be replaced after a few uses anyhow due to wear at the tow ring.
- Is that where it's getting worn? Couldn't have anything to do with...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aerotowrelease/8305428629/

...it clearing the notch at the end of the spinnaker shackle gate?

- How much does it need to get worn before it's no longer safe to assume that it no longer meets your expectation that it break as early as possible in lockout situations, but be strong and reliable enough to avoid frequent breaks from turbulence?

- After they're worn a bit wouldn't it be a good idea to give them to someone who flies fifty or a hundred pounds lighter than you so that he or she would have similar advantages and expectations?
I make my weak links by starting with a 9 inch length of line.
And you finish with something that's stupidly, wastefully, and dangerously overlength.
Now we just pull it a little tighter...
Why don't you feed the ends in as you're pulling it a little tighter so you can use less material and don't end up with something that looks like crap?
Now we need to attach it to the bridle.
At least you spelled it right.
So, with the knot centered, pass the loop through the bridle three times, keeping the knot centered as shown here.
Yeah, three times dude. You really wanna hide that knot from the main tension in the link and exclude it altogether from the equation.
As every fisherman knows, the knot is the most likely breaking point...
As anyone with any common sense knows, a knot WILL BE the breaking point. And you've got TWO knots in this configuration - the Fisherman's Knot to form the loop and the Triple Lark's Head to install it. So don't go too nuts with wraps pretending to isolate the Fisherman's Knot 'cause the Lark's Head is always gonna be wide open.
...so this rig significantly reduces the pull on the knot.
Does it? What data do you have to support that statement?

I got news for ya...
- If you install the loop using a Single Lark's Head it'll fail at one of the strands at the exit point from the bridle.
- A Double Lark's Head stabilizes the loop on the bridle after it's been loaded.
- A Triple is a waste of time and material.
I haven't broken a link in this configuration, but I'm guessing that if I do, it will be at the end where it connects to the metal tow ring, but not at the knot.
- You're installing this weak link on a BRIDLE end - so it's not connecting to a tow ring. It's connecting to a RELEASE.

- Why don't you break the goddam thing in that configuration - either on the ground or at release altitude in a deliberate lockout? That way you wouldn't have to be guessing about anything.
Fly Safe!
How 'bout YOU fly safe?

- You're almost certainly flying at Wallaby and those assholes don't have a clue what they're doing or talking about. Both their crap equipment and the crap information they put out have gotten lotsa people killed.

- An appropriate hang gliding weak link limits the tow tension to about one and a half time the glider's maximum certified operating weight and that fishing line you're using does that for NO glider - one point or two.

- You haven't done any testing because if you had you'd have found that it doesn't matter much where the Fisherman's Knot is positioned.

- It's a virtual no brainer that you don't have a clue as to what towline tension your precision weak link is limiting you to.

We've got zillions of assholes who can show us clever ways to increase the breaking strength of 130 to 260 - double the ACTUAL figure, but you can count the number of people in this idiot sport who understand the function of a weak link and know how to configure for an appropriate value without getting into double digits.

P.S. Isn't it interesting how, in the entire lunatic history of hang gliding and the standard aerotow weak link there's NEVER ONCE been an idea expressed in any instructions, discussion, video on how to configure a loop of 130 pound IGFA fishing line to break at a LOWER value.
- Isolate the Fisherman's Knot in a:
Double Lark's Head to hide it from the tension.
- Isolate the Fisherman's Knot in a Triple Lark's Head to hide it from the tension even better.
- Read my fourteen page magazine article on how to install a weak link using Wrap and Tie which kicks the Double Lark's Head's ass.
- Use a polypro bridle because, without shock absorption, a Spectra bridle acts somewhat like an impact wrench on the weak link.
- Replace the weak link after:
-- ten tows
-- five tows
-- two tows
- Use a fresh weak link every tow.

Interesting that there's not ONE SINGLE comment or query on how to make one lighter.

- I'm a little girl on the light end of a Falcon 3 145 and it really scares me to be flying the same weak link as that 360 pound T2 over there.

- This my first solo and I don't think it's a good idea for me to be using as heavy a weak link as Davis, Jonny Durand, and Dustin Martin are using. Better start out with something that blows at a quarter of theirs and work my way up as I gain experience.

- I couldn't pry my Bailey open at the pressure the standard aerotow weak link was transmitting. I think I'll position the knot so that it's not hidden from the main tension in the link and excluded altogether from the equation.

- We are confident that with an ultimate load of 130 pounds at the release point, the new GT aerotow release works better than all cable releases that we have experience with. And with an ultimate load of 90 pounds at the release point, we are confident that the new GT aerotow release works better than all cable releases that we don't have experience with.

The new GT aerotow release is designed to be used with a V bridle and a 130-pound green stripe Dacron tournament fishing line weak link. At this time it is not recommended to use this release with a higher value weak link.

- Booming day. Pretty good potential for lockouts. Things could get ugly fast. Better get a spool of eighty pound out on the flight line.

- I locked out and the weak link blew as I was reaching for my release. Needed every bit of the 250 feet I had to recover from the stall. Can somebody tell me a good way to cut the strength in half so I can survive a lockout at 125?

P.P.S. Could be a lot of fun using some of these to fuck with assholes like Davis, Rooney, Kinsley Sykes, Craig Hassan, Paul Hurless - if anybody starts getting bored.
Zack C
Site Admin

Post by Zack C »

Tad Eareckson wrote:The material you're using is obviously 130 pound Magibraid (IGFA, performs the same as Greenspot) which suggests you're flying at Wallaby.
Wallaby uses Magibraid? Since when? They used Greenspot when I was last there in 2007.

Zack
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

2009/06/18 15:42:14 UTC:

http://www.hanggliding.org/viewtopic.php?t=12536
standard operating procedures
Post 10

And he sent me a sample which I tested on 2009/07/06.
Axel Banchero - Miami Beach - 87033 - H1 - 2008/03/28 - Malcolm Jones
Axel Banchero - Miami Beach - 87033 - H2 - 2008/03/28 - Malcolm Jones
Same red bridle material.

I think we have a pretty good lock on this one.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

http://www.hanggliding.org/viewtopic.php?t=28034
Your ushpa dues in action.
Davis Straub - 2013/01/13 20:53:25 UTC

I would love to have a PDF of the June issue.
Me too...
Tad Eareckson - 2012/05/31 12:11:54 UTC

I'd kill to see those pages.
...Mister Pro Toad.
Davis Straub - 2013/01/14 00:03:59 UTC

Got it. Thanks.
michael170 - 2013/01/18 00:59:07 UTC

Why is that, Davis? What did you find interesting in the June issue?
Probably wants to see just how far he can go in feeding his idiot public crap about 130 pound Greenspot and the competence of the experts at Quest, Florida Ridge, Manquin, Ridgely, and Cloud 9 and get clean away with it.
Davis Straub - 2013/01/18 12:40:26 UTC

We'll see. I have it now.
I have every confidence we'll see - motherfucker. I can hardly wait until we do.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

http://www.azhpa.org/azhpa_forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=3654
Big Spring,Big Disappointment
Jeff Johnson - 2009/08/17 19:44

I was really looking forward to my first competition in Big Spring, TX. I wasn't too concerned with racing, I just wanted to fly everyday and get used to my new vario. Upon arrival, I could see what all the fuss was about- cloud streets and flat landable terrain that went on forever, a consistent south wind that never seemed to switch and a lot of like-minded and helpful pilots to hang with. David Glover the meet director is a great guy who Karen and I had met down in Costa Rica when we rented his beach house. We had a cheap hotel three miles from the airport. Karen had WiFi at the hotel and at the airport so she could get a little work done each day, even Bandit was going to enjoy this as she had prairie dogs to chase and green grass to run on.

Practice day it was blowing hard, a few flew I passed.

Day one, got in line right away and followed for the first twenty miles. It was blowing hard on the ground and when I got low I couldn't stay in the broken lift. Karen picked me up within ten minutes. My new vario has a different sound.

Day two, I was one of the last to leave the start circle and on my own. I don't know what happened but I flew two miles past the first turn point and had to fly back into the wind which put me on the ground so fast. Very frustrating as twenty pilots made goal and I had all afternoon to stare at the cu filled sky. I came in dead last; I did not sleep that night.

Day three, it was raining just a couple of miles away while I was still on tow. I left the airport with only 2000' and purposely went west of the coarse line to stay out of the threatening skies, but most kept on track and put on some miles before they stopped the task. I landed just minutes before the gust front, some were not as lucky. There were some broken down tubes and even a leading edge. I increased the sensitivity on my vario, which may have helped as I got up from 500' twice.

Day four, I've been meaning to buy some wrestling or rock climbing shoes to fly with since my big clod-hoppers barely fit in my harness boot. I was five feet off the cart when the weak link snapped, got my left foot out, pulled in, tried my right foot, it was caught, grabbed the down tubes still couldn't get my foot out. Flared nicely onto my left foot, but needed to take a step with my missing right leg. I fell down and to my right trapping my right hand on the down tube as my shoulder kept moving, tearing my rotator cuff.

Unable to finish the last four days I tore down and we drove home. Very disappointing, but I'll try again. I like towing, I don't know much about racing but if I can rehab the shoulder in the next five weeks I'll try it again at the Santa Cruz Race on the home turf!

JBJ
David Glover the meet director is a great guy who Karen and I had met down in Costa Rica when we rented his beach house.
Yeah Jeff...
David Glover - 2008/08/04

Aerotowing Weaklinks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TDHqsXRtl0

First we start off with Cortland Line Company Greenspot... This is what we use.
Tad Eareckson - 2012/03/01 18:10:08 UTC

Fuckin' asshole.
David Glover is a great guy - AND a great meet director! When Dave and his fellow Quallaby / Flight Park Mafia shits tell you...
The Wallaby Ranch Aerotowing Primer for Experienced Pilots - 1998/02

Austin Scott Collins, USHGA Aerotow Pilot.

Based on instructional information developed by David Glover and Malcolm Jones, USHGA Advanced Tandem Instructors. Copyright 1998 by Florida Hang Gliding, Inc.

...the weak link will break before you can get into too much trouble.
The weak link will break before you can get into too much trouble, boy will it EVER...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27yFcEMpfMk

...lotsa times.

(And be advised that Dave and his fellow Quallaby / Flight Park Mafia shits tend not to say much about how much trouble you can get into AFTER your standard aerotow weak link breaks. And when they do it's usually a treatise on how crappy a pilot their victim was.
I was five feet off the cart when the weak link snapped...
Must've been doing one of those...

http://www.hanggliding.org/viewtopic.php?t=14230
pro tow set-up
Jim Rooney - 2009/11/10 17:19:54 UTC

After a couple weaklink breaks in this manner, you start to wonder if Tad's right about these "weak" weaklinks. Nevermind that it's a technique problem not an equipment problem. Nevermind that using a stronglink greatly increases the chances that you will hurt yourself in a very bad way.

See, weaklinks don't care about speed. They care about load. Going Mach5 and easing off the pitch, even a little bit, greatly increases your load... remember that whole bit about windspeed being an exponential factor?
...Mach 5 takeoffs. Try to avoid flying faster than the Dragonfly on launch and get Jim Rooney to help you out on this issue. He's got a very keen intellect and an extremely long track record.
Flared nicely onto my left foot, but needed to take a step with my missing right leg. I fell down and to my right trapping my right hand on the down tube as my shoulder kept moving, tearing my rotator cuff.
Bummer dude. But...

http://ozreport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27086
Steve Pearson on landings
Steve Pearson - 2012/03/28 23:26:05 UTC

I can't control the glider in strong air with my hands at shoulder or ear height and I'd rather land on my belly with my hands on the basetube than get turned downwind.
...at least you didn't land on your belly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlIGsgNFRWM

A lot of these airstrips have large rocks strewn all over the place. No tellin' what might have happened. And hey! Sounds like your downtube came out OK!

By the way...
miguel - 2012/09/25 00:08:00 UTC

One pilot was too high and veered off to where the present lz is located. Back then, it contained large bushes and a few trees. He crashed into some bushes directly across from where I was standing.

He held onto both downtubes and his body momemtum carried him through the tubes breaking both arms. I saw and heard this in excruciating detail. Later, I was told to let go of the down tubes and swing through or hide behind one tube to prevent broken arms.
It's a real good idea to let go of the downtubes when you're crashing. I'm really surprised nobody's ever told you that before.
I like towing...
Then maybe it would be a good idea to learn some towing THEORY before you go up again.

http://ozreport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24846
Is this a joke ?
Jim Rooney - 2011/08/26 06:04:23 UTC

We discuss this stuff a lot more as well. We vet more ideas. This isn't just "neat stuff" to us... it's very real and we deal with it every day.

It's not "us" that has the track record... it's our process.
We're people just like anyone else. And that's the point. THIS is how we do it... normal, fallible humans... and it bloody well works.

So I don't give much credence to something that someone doesn't agree with about what we do for some theoretical reason.

Take this weaklink nonsense.
What do I "advocate"?
I don't advocate shit... I *USE* 130 test lb, greenspun cortland braided fishing line.
It is industry standard.
It is what *WE* use.

If someone's got a problem with it... we've got over ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND TANDEM TOWS and COUNTLESS solo tows that argue otherwise. So they can politely get stuffed.

As my friend likes to say... "Sure, it works in reality... but does it work in theory?"
Hahahahhaa... I like that one a lot ;)
Just kidding. Understanding theory is never gonna be any match against people with over ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND TANDEM TOWS and COUNTLESS solo tows that argue otherwise.
I don't know much about racing but if I can rehab the shoulder in the next five weeks I'll try it again at the Santa Cruz Race on the home turf!
And DO get some appropriate shoes. That way you can keep on using the same weak link and the next time it blows five feet off the cart you'll probably be able to deal with the situation a lot better - unless there's some turbulence or something that complicates the situation a bit more.
miguel - 2012/03/01 19:27:14 UTC

A reasoned response is called for.
What do we get?
Invective and call the guy a fuckin ass hole.
That's the ticket! :mrgreen:
I really hope there's some possibility of you understanding why reasoned responses to these motherfuckers are totally futile and I call the guy a fuckin' asshole.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

Bob Herndon - 2009/08/18 07:53

Sorry to hear about your mis ~haps...been there for sure.."weak link snapping" -"big FOOT syndrome"
Had the cart nail me like a bowling ball on some bowling pins!! Sounded the same too....Knock me right on my @ss!
Sucks hearing that damn cart comin a sreamin whells vibrating and can't move quick enough...LOL!
Yeah Bob, but...

http://www.chgpa.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2467
weak links
Jim Rooney - 2007/07/22 22:30:28 UTC

Hahahahahahahahaha
Oh that's just rich!
Riiiiiight... it's my attention span at issue here....
and I'm the one that's arrogant!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

No, I'm not being nice. No, I do not feel the need to be nice. You're trying to convince people to be less safe. I don't want to be on the other end of the rope when someone listening to this drivel smashes in.

I've heard it a million times before from comp pilots insisting on towing with even doubled up weaklinks (some want no weaklink). I tell them the same thing I'm telling you... suck it up. You're not the only one on the line. I didn't ask to be a test pilot. I can live with your inconvenience.

Please tell me again what's wrong with the wheel? Why you keep trying to reinvent it?

The simple fact is that you're not improving the system.
You're trying to make it more convenient and trying to convince yourself that you should be towing with a stronger weaklink.

Enjoy your delusion.
Jim
What are you gonna do? Fuck with a proven system that works and has a huge track record?
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

Bob Herndon - 2009/08/18 07:53

Just glad to hear your ok and nothing "Major" happened to yah!
What part of:
...tearing my rotator cuff.
are you having the most difficulty understanding?
It could have been alot worse for sure as you know.
It WAS a lot worse - you moron. It was a normal, routine, perfectly controlled launch until the fucking focal point of the safe towing system kicked in, overrode the pilot's decision to continue the tow, and dumped him back on the runway.
Sounds and looks like a really cool place to fly from the description and pics.
Yeah. Fer sure.

http://ozreport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24846
Is this a joke ?
Jim Rooney - 2011/08/28 19:39:17 UTC

Weak links break for all kinds of reasons.
Some obvious, some not.

The general consensus is the age old adage... "err on the side of caution".

The frustration of a weaklink break is just that, frustration.
And it can be very frustrating for sure. Especially on a good day, which they tend to be. It seems to be a Murphy favourite. You'll be in a long tug line on a stellar day just itching to fly. The stars are all lining up when *bam*, out of nowhere your trip to happy XC land goes up in a flash. Now you've got to hike it all the way back to the back of the line and wait as the "perfect" window drifts on by.

I get it.
It can be a pisser.

But the "other side"... the not cautions one... is not one of frustration, it's one of very real danger.
Better to be frustrated than in a hospital, or worse.
No exaggeration... this is the fire that the "other side" is made of. Best not to play with it.
If only it weren't so damnably difficult to hook something at five feet and climb out when your Rooney Link increases the safety of the towing operation.
Glad you made it home ok!
Yeah. 'Cept, of course, for the torn rotator cuff and the inability to fly.
Hopefully see yah again soon!
Hope all's well...
Take care>
Bob
Fuckin' asshole.
Your attitude, not your aptitude, determines your altitude.........Fly HI!!!
Idiot.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

http://www.azhpa.org/azhpa_forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=3912
Mark Knight - 2009/11/16 05:00
Tempe

3rd Sunday Aero-Scooter towing

I cant run the show without all of the help I got today.
It ain't all that great an idea for you to be running these shows anyway, Mark.
Jeff running the retrieve all day was a blessing.

Today was an awesome day for scooter towing.
Steady winds all day out of the same direction. Unheard of lately.
We got in over 30 scooter tows and few nice aero-tows.

We had 2 people returning to the sport after a few years off.
And Bob B and B Randy did their first scooter tows. Randy showed them how to fly a Falcon.

Bill B got his first Double surface (WW Eagle) flights and did great.

I rode a Unicycle after 30 years and actually stayed on it. Thats was a trip. I could not beleive I can still do it!.

Thanks to all.
Randy, Bob, Jake, Mike, Jeff, Rick, Merle, Todd, Bill Raffael, and Davis
Great Day.
Yeah, nobody got seriously fucked up. So of the above list how many were on hand for the clusterfuck that got Shane Smith killed at that same airport precisely fourteen months later?
Bob Buxton - 2009/11/16 16:24

What a great experience! I got in five tows. It was my first time scooter towing and I had a ton of fun. Mark and Jeff worked there buts off all day. Merle and Rik also helped out between their flights. Thank you all.

I'm hooked on it and will be using this winter to learn all facits of towing.
Yeah, sure ya will. But lemme save you some time...

- When you're locked out there's no problem taking a hand off the basetube to blow a release because you can't control the glider at that point anyway.

- There's nothing really bad that can happen to you if you use an appropriate weak link with a finished length of 1.5 inches or less.

OK, you're good to go. And DO try to enjoy the next three seasons as much as possible 'cause on 2012/10/03 life as you knew it is gonna be over for a long time.
There were a couple of weak link breaks...
Yeah? So with great scooter tow conditions and steady winds all day out of the same direction...
- How did you manage to lock out a couple of gliders so badly that they were so loaded up that the weak links had to blow?
- How much altitude did they eat up recovering when they blew off?
- Why weren't the pilots able to release before things got that tits up?
...and I had an instance where my wheels saved my butt but, that is just part of the learning process.
Did you notice any conventional aircraft operating there that day whose butts were saved by wheels?
The conditions were ideal, fairly consistant wind out of the north and very smooth air aloft.
So why the violent lockouts then? Were some of these people just totally incapable of controlling their gliders on tow?
Bad Randy actually found some light lift on his first flight that extended his flight about a minute.
Oh! So there WERE some bullets blasting through without warning every now and then. Yeah, now I understand.
Mark gave a couple of aero tows, as well.
What percentage of them made it to over thirty feet?
I can see how this could really be fun in the Spring and Summer.
Yeah, but I'd dumb the weak links down another thirty percent or so to make sure they'll break when you need them to.