The Bob Show

General discussion about the sport of hang gliding
Tad Eareckson

Re: The Bob Show

Post by Tad Eareckson »

http://www.ushawks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1759
2 + 2 = 7 ... A case study on how to be wrong.
Bob Kuczewski - 2015/05/03 15:47:44 UTC

I continue to read Tad's forum from time to time, and he does post some good information. But reading Tad's forum is like using a calculator that randomly gives a completely wrong answer every once in a while - always double check it!!
Good. Never hurts to double check ANYTHING. Calculator's pretty damn good at giving completely right answers but we monkeys aren't always so damn good at punching in the numbers.
Here's another example (posted earlier this past week Tad Eareckson - 2015/04/27 17:40:37 UTC) where Tad again jumps to a totally incorrect conclusion (further supporting the "2+2=7" title of this topic).

In Tad's post (full text below) Tad appears to be trying to deduce who "outed" him (to me) back in 2011. First Tad quotes me from 2011:
Bob Kuczewski - 2011/12/16 16:08:08 UTC

Someone came to me with a concern that Tad was a child molester and his conduct might harm our forum.
Oh. Congratulations. You got the child molester thing another good bump for your readers. You should put a link to this Bob's Basement post up on your main forum to boost the hit count a little.
Then Tad quotes Warren from 2011:
Warren Narron - 2011/12/13 23:35:57 UTC

If something like this is going to be used to make some kind of a value judgement against our friend named Tad, then maybe a name should also be attached to this sentiment so that a fair value judgement can also be weighed in this equation?
Then Tad makes his proclamation in response to Warren's question:
Tad Eareckson - 2015/04/27 17:40:37 UTC

Scott C. f***in' Wise, Warren. BOTH counts. No doubt WHAT-SO-EVER.
I had Two and Two right there together and I was TOO F***ING STUPID to put them together.
Then Tad lists some "evidence" and makes this statement:
How 'bout going into a little more DETAIL on that evidence, Bob?

I CAN'T BELIEVE I was SO F***ING STUPID that it took me until this morning before THAT :idea: FINALLY lit.
The sad fact is that Tad is wrong. Tad's answer to Warren's question is wrong. Tad's often claimed "2+2=4 logic" led him to that wrong conclusion ... even though he stated: "No doubt WHAT-SO-EVER".

Tad concludes his post with an insult directed at Scott:

Hey Scott... Lemme tell ya how happy I am that I'd started hating your cowardly guts BEFORE I came up with Four. F***in' Bob Show WORM.
I'll say it again, Tad has a lot to offer the sport of hang gliding.
He hasn't actually offered anything of any value yet...

http://www.shga.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=3840
[TIL] About Tad Eareckson
Bob Kuczewski - 2013/03/10 18:20:34 UTC

Having said all of that, I have to add that Tad has an incredible amount of energy, and I think it would be great if the sport of hang gliding could figure out how to harness it.
But someday we might be able to figure out how to harness his energy and make him something of a legitimate u$hPa asset.
But he jumps to absolute conclusions ("No doubt WHAT-SO-EVER") which are simply incorrect. In forum discussions that leads to hard feelings and embarrassment. But in hang gliding that can lead to death. That's the point that's worth repeating, and that's why I'm updating this topic.

Here's the full post from Tad's web site where Tad wrongly accuses Scott and then insults him as a result:

http://www.kitestrings.org/topic33-600.html#p7771
The Bob Show
Hey Bob, 'member THIS?:
Bob Kuczewski - 2011/11/18 09:00:58 UTC

This is why people should rightfully doubt everything you say...
Tad Eareckson - 2011/11/18 14:07:50 UTC

1. People should rightfully doubt EVERYTHING *EVERYONE* says and do the math for themselves. It's called SCIENCE. When they do that everyone eventually winds up on the same page.

2. When that DOESN'T happen you end up with a bunch of Rooney following and harmonizing morons running the shows.

3. I don't really want anyone who DOESN'T doubt everything I say participating in this forum. This is not and will never be a "'cause Tad says" sorta place.
I reached my conclusions and stated them along with the relevant evidence. I neither put a gun to anyone's head forcing him to agree with me nor advised anybody to bet his life - or two cents - that I was right.
The sad fact is that Tad is wrong. Tad's answer to Warren's question is wrong. Tad's often claimed "2+2=4 logic" led him to that wrong conclusion ... even though he stated: "No doubt WHAT-SO-EVER".
But you're very conspicuously NOT saying that Scott wasn't the author of:
When I say that I want absolutely nothing to do with him, I am not exaggerating. The simple fact that he's on your forum means that I will not participate at all.
So that's pretty damn good confirmation that I scored a direct hit on that one. I had sniper fire coming in from a couple of anonymous Bob Show cowards, took two shots in return, missed the first target by a foot, and FUCKIN' DRILLED the one I MOST wanted DEAD FUCKIN' CENTER.

Image Image Image

Pretty damn good shootin', donchya think, Bob? Better 'n Texas Sam was able to do on his last reported attempt to blast a federally protected migratory bird with his twenty gauge. (Hey Internet Lawyer Scott... Any comment on that one? Or are ya still too busy trying to get Bille Floyd prosecuted for a hate crime for saying:

http://ozreport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20993
SGAA Coup d'état Almost Complete
Bille Floyd - 2014/12/13 21:20:13 UTC

Dude -- you got some Serious mental issues ; probably Why you hang with Bob ? !!!
Translation = you got Crap for brains .
But he jumps to absolute conclusions ("No doubt WHAT-SO-EVER") which are simply incorrect.
Two plus two does not equal the square root of seventeen - but it's close fuckin' enough. Nobody in hang gliding's ever bent a downtube by being off by 0.1231. It took this:

37-23223
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3713/9655904048_89cce6423a_o.png

...motherfucker being off by being fifty percent on two critical issues simultaneously to buy himself a few square feet of the Quest runway - and tons of real estate on the Jack and Davis Shows.
In forum discussions that leads to hard feelings...
Good? Tough? Whatever...
...and embarrassment.
I'm not the LEAST bit embarrassed. That shit you pulled on me at the end of 2011 was totally despicable - and FUCK any of your Bobbies who didn't condemn you for it in no uncertain terms. Just like fuck anybody and everybody in this stinking sport who didn't condemn in no uncertain terms what the Gliderport and u$hPa thugs did to you - regardless of any personal and/or unrelated issues they had with and/or about you.
But in hang gliding that can lead to death.
Since when did you start giving a flying fuck about stuff that leads to death in hang gliding, Bob? How long did it take you to even ACKNOWLEDGE that...

http://ozreport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28211
Platform towing fatality in Leakey, Texas
Gregg Ludwig - 2012/06/23 20:15:21 UTC

What is that saying?..."He does the same thing over and over but expects different results."
...Terry had been reduced to a sack of rearranged organs and bone fragments by playing a game of Sam Kellner Roulette once too many times?
That's the point that's worth repeating, and that's why I'm updating this topic.
Plus you got to get the child molester thing in there again. Win/Win.

You got the fuckin' gall to write certifiably insane crap like:

http://www.ushawks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1563
Platform Launching (PL) Draft suggestions needed
Bob Kuczewski - 2014/06/06 17:21:51 UTC

I also like that this discussion emphasizes that breaking a weak link is something that can be practiced - just like we practice stalls - so we understand how to handle them and to not be afraid of them. I had a terrifying stall experience with my instructor when I was learning to fly airplanes back in the 70s. For a long time I feared getting close to stall. As long as I feared stalls, I was not spending much time getting comfortable with them, and that didn't make me a better pilot. So there's a lot to be said for safely learning to handle the inevitable rather than trying to come up with some way to avoid the inevitable.
Nice job Bill !!!! ImageImageImageImageImage
...and then put out another advisory on T** at K*** S******?

Obvious pattern here. You bring up some trivial nitpicky bullshit to try to undermine my personal credibility and, by extension, the credibility of the nuts and bolts information on Kite Strings rather than go after the credibility of the nuts and bolts information on Kite Strings - which is the stuff that MATTERS to the hang glider pilot and which is...

http://www.hanggliding.org/viewtopic.php?t=31781
Another hang check lesson
Alan Deikman - 2014/09/23 19:47:06 UTC

For my part I will just refer you to the classic Tad Eareckson essay which I call "the gun is always loaded" which is a bit overworked but probably all you will ever need to read regarding FTHI. A lot of people will find it gores their particular sacred Ox, but I have never seen anyone point out a flaw in his logic.
...100.000 percent ROCK SOLID.

DO try to come up with a different tactic - this one's getting pretty boring.

P.S. Fuck you, Scott.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

http://www.ushawks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1629
Jailed for taking pictures at Torrey
Frank Colver - 2015/05/10 19:12:07 UTC

As one of the founders of the USHGA (USHPA) I am extremely unhappy with what the organization has turned into, judging by Bob's experience. I had no idea the national organization had become so corrupt as to putting business first and not putting safety first in hang gliding and paragliding. Their actions have been shameful!
So where were you in 1976 when the editor of Ground Skimmer asked R.V. Wills to tone it down on the fatality reporting?
And as far as paragliding, as a safe sport goes, all it took was a day in the school at Santa Barbara (not saying which one)...
Why not? Doesn't that also constitute putting safety in the back seat?
...to convince me that I always wanted a rigid airframe when I leave the ground. A day on the hill told me this is something where I would be putting all of my safety into the chance that I would never hit turbulence near the ground.
You're doing that with ANY aircraft. Just a matter of degree.
Guess what - that's where one has a very good chance of hitting turbulence.
And that's a very good time to rotate upright and put your hands on the downtubes at...

http://ozreport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27086
Steve Pearson on landings
Steve Pearson - 2012/03/28 23:26:05 UTC

I can't control the glider in strong air with my hands at shoulder or ear height and I'd rather land on my belly with my hands on the basetube than get turned downwind.
...shoulder or ear height where you can't control the glider.
"Been there done that" many times in a hang glider and below is one good example.

I had enrolled in a two day paragliding class and that evening after the first day of ground handling instruction I had an Epiphany. It suddenly occurred to me that I would not be alive if I had been in a paraglider on a flight from Devils Slide near Pismo Beach, many years before. On a glide to the beach I hit extreme turbulence (rotor from mixing air masses) in my Wills SST. I had multiple sail inversions and got thrown around so much that after trying for about eight minutes to just get down on the beach I had multiple bruises from banging into my control bar.
Shoulda gone upright for better control authority.
The only thing that saved me was the airframe that kept the wing's outline shape so that the sail's airfoil could re-form quickly (with loud bangs!). When I got down to about twenty feet I got below the turbulence and I was able to glide to a stand up landing.
The safest possible! Image
Man, beach sand never tasted so good as the handful I picked up and kissed. After realizing all of the great life time I would have missed, had I been paragliding that day, I decided I never wanted to play Russian Roulette with a paraglider and I dropped out of the school the next day.
If you ever decide you wanna play Russian roulette with a hang glider try aerotowing behind a Dragonfly - preferably pro toad with an Industry Standard release, Rooney Link, tow mast breakaway protector, and driver ready to make a makes a good decision in the interest of your safety.

Frank Colver, USHPA 7[/quote]
Frank Colver - California - 7 - Pilot - Ext: 2015/12/31
No ratings?
Rick Masters - 2015/05/10 22:25:08 UTC

"Russian Roulette" is a term I've used many times to describe paragliding.
Yeah? You seem to enjoy the game well enough...

http://www.ushawks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=802
AL's Second flight at Packsaddle how it went
Rick Masters - 2011/10/19 22:47:17 UTC

At that moment, I would banish all concern about launching unhooked. I had taken care of it. It was done. It was out of my mind.
...in hang gliding.
Freeflight is dangerous enough with an airframe.
No small thanks to total fucking assholes such as yourself.
But today, if you belong to USHPA, you are an advocate of paragliding by default.
Every USHPA member is, in part, responsible for enticing newbies into paragliding and sending them aloft and, eventually, into turbulence without an airframe.
So there's NO POSSIBILITY of one completing a paragliding career without encountering enough turbulence to collapse one's wing - even if one flies exclusively at a coastal site like Torrey. One WILL experience a collapse and the collapse WILL be too low to allow recovery.

This has got to change - or paragliding will drag hang gliding down with it.
Allow paragliding to stand or fall on its own. We don't need it sucking the blood out of our sport.[/quote]
You're sport is not my sport.
Separate hang gliding and paragliding organizations.
And don't forget to separate the total fucking assholes out of hang gliding in the meantime.
Frank Colver - 2015/05/11 01:58:03 UTC

I was against combining the two sports into the one organization.
I was too fucking stupid to understand that people - 'specially the assholes who fly foot launchable things - are fundamentally evil.

Even though paragliding is hang gliding (foot launch, hanging below the glider) with a different airframe design I still felt that they were different enough that I wanted the USHGA to stay with ridged frame hang gliding and paragliding to have a separate national organization. Maybe combining with a parachute organization.

However, I won't give up my membership #7 in the USHPA. If we all quit then we have no choice in how the organization operates...[/quote]
Like you do now?
...and paragliding will get even more promotion. What we need is more hang glider pilots in the USHPA to promote HG and prevent a complete takeover of the org by PG.
It's completely taken over. Bob's expulsion was supported unanimously. The percentage of members opposed to or agnostic about it had ZERO representation on the Board.
We need to support the H in USHPA.
It's lower case and follows the dollar sign.
Scott C. Wise - 2015/05/11 03:34:10 UTC

Not sure if you've seen this thread -

http://www.ushawks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1836
u$hPa BOD as Felons

Or the child endangerment post a few up from this one.
Gotta protect those people of varying ages. REALLY gotta protect them from their own choices and decisions and, if necessary, those of their parents.
Or the documented Assault and Battery committed against Bob K - by a u$hPa certified instructor (kind of the main topic of this thread).

There's lots more to learn - but at this point in time certain issues, . . .

Well, . . . mum's the word Image for now.

Hey Scott... I was expecting to hear some outrage at me falsely accusing you of being the author of:
When I say that I want absolutely nothing to do with him, I am not exaggerating. The simple fact that he's on your forum means that I will not participate at all.
Bob Kuczewski - 2015/05/11 04:08:27 UTC

Thanks Frank. Your words go right to the heart of the matter. I can't wait to thank you in person on Otto's Birthday at Dockweiler. Image
Bob wanted me to plug the event here.

http://ushawks.org/otto44/Poster_2015_04_11p.jpg

Knock yourselves out, people of varying ages. I'm afraid I've gotta celebrate anniversaries of 2013/02/02. Only fatality in the history of hang gliding that's resulted in a change for the BETTER.

By the way, Bob... You have "Dockweiller" spelled wrong - in your post and on your poster.
Regarding the "Jailed" topic, I again went to Torrey Pines today, and Robin Marien and/or Gabe Jebb again summoned the police. There was a reporter there and I showed the police the lease and the Judge's decision. One of the officers asked to borrow the Judge's decision, and I understand he quoted from it while telling Robin Marien and Gabe Jebb that they had no justification to remove me.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Did they quote this part:
In a subsequent restraining order hearing initiated by Air California Adventures against Mr. Kuczewski, the judge watched Mr. Kuczewski's own video of the confrontation and commented that Mr. Kuczewski's behavior was "just totally unacceptable behavior". The judge encouraged Mr. Kuczewski to avoid similar confrontations in the future.
of the judge's decision?
I ended up staying most of the day and then had a great dinner with our Torrey Hawks VP (Dave Beardslee) and the reporter!!

Thank you San Diego Police Officers Wilkinson and Nichola!!!!! Image Image Image Image Image
Must've been a pair who hadn't been properly tuned in.
---
Edit - 2015/05/22 15:05:00 UTC

Fuck. No, it IS "Dockweiler". Somehow managed to get the wrong spelling loaded into my checker (a long time ago).
---
Edit - 2015/05/22 15:20:00 UTC

No. It wasn't IN my Custom Dictionary. Microsoft fucked me over on that one. (Lotsa posts to edit.)
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

http://www.ushawks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1629
Jailed for taking pictures at Torrey
Rick Masters - 2015/05/11 04:16:36 UTC
Frank Colver - 2015/05/11 01:58:03 UTC

Maybe combining with a parachute organization.
Absolutely. IMO, USHGA should have been taken under the wing of SSA, and PG should have been adopted by USPA.
Where'd they be able to do a bit of mild relative work without a cesspool's worth of fake child safety obsessed assholes screaming murder at the tops of their lungs.
...a complete takeover of the org by PG.
That happened many years ago when hang glider pilots sympathetic to paragliding joined with soaring parachutists to swing the USHPA BOD past 50%.
Arguably even worse than when the hang gliding industry had total control of it.
If we all quit then we have no choice in how the organization operates and paragliding will get even more promotion.
If the hang glider pilots all quit, they will have no choice in how a paragliding organization operates.
Sounds good to me. How PG promotes their sport will be their business, but no longer ours. Let each org sink or swim on its own merits.
I was thinking more of a lateral move: Accepting all USHGA and USHPA-HG numbers and ratings into the new org.
1. 'Cept for T** at K*** S******, of course.

2. Meaning, obviously, denying USHPA-PG numbers and ratings. If you're a u$hPa paraglider who wants to go into Bob Show hang gliding you're out. But if you've never touched anything or are a Five paraglider and One hang glider you're in. Oh yeah, plus the series of three hour screening telephone calls with Emperor Bob to determine whether or not you have the Right Stuff.

3. If you're gonna recognize the ratings you'll presumably maintain the same rating requirements. You gonna just copy and paste:
With each flight, demonstrates a method of establishing that the pilot is hooked in just prior to launch.
so Bob Show "pilots" can ignore it just like everybody else has always done?
Open regional elections.
Sorry... What's an "election"?
Starting a magazine devoted to hang gliding.
Just what a hang gliding organization needs - a magazine.
Pretty much everything USHGA did before it radioactively mutated.
There was no web before USHGA radioactively mutated.
We need to support the H in USHPA.
We need to support the H in USHGA. A smaller, simpler national organization devoted to hang gliding.
As defined by Bob and the assholes he tolerates.
Rick Masters - 2015/05/11 04:33:51 UTC
Bob Kuczewski - 2015/05/11 04:08:27 UTC

...telling Robin Marien and Gabe Jebb that they had no justification to remove me.
You mean there was no "workplace violence?"
Nah, just workplace obnoxiousness.
Wasn't that a justification by the USHPA BOD to expell you?
Take that extra "l" and use it for "Dockweiler".
Didn't the president of the USHPA use that term to make his case against you - even after the fact that it was invalidated?
Since they couldn't use the pretense of making US hang gliding a safe activity for people of varying ages to participate in.
Oh never mind. Image
Bob Kuczewski - 2015/05/11 06:00:59 UTC

You know, I've been thinking that the USHPA expulsion might be a blessing in disguise. It forces me to work harder to grow the US Hawks if I want to fly.
Grow the US Hawks by expelling people like Tad Eareckson and Steve Davy - who have ACTUAL concerns about aviation safety and competence.
It also brings up the monopoly issue regarding Torrey Pines. Why should the City of San Diego force people to belong to a private organization to use our public property?
Why should the FAA force people to belong to a private organization in order to aerotow?
That's an approach that I hadn't really considered until this expulsion.
Right. You never gave the slightest flying fuck about exactly the same issue when Yours Truly was effectively expelled and u$hPa was forcing virtually everyone who aerotowed to fly in flagrant violation of FAA safety regulations and u$hPa SOPs.
And that points out how much USHPA has shot themselves in the foot with this ridiculous expulsion ...

- USHPA didn't like me presenting to the San Diego City Council.
http://www.shga.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=3840
[TIL] About Tad Eareckson
Bob Kuczewski - 2013/03/10 18:20:34 UTC

I first learned about Tad Eareckson when I was Regional Director and the USHPA Board circulated a letter he had written (with intention to send?) to the FAA about some dangerous practices in hang gliding.

The Board's knee-jerk response was to try to take some kind of legal action to silence Tad. I indicated that I thought we shouldn't be sending our lawyers in as our first response, and that maybe we should have someone talk with him first. So Dennis Pagen volunteered, and I believe the matter was settled without any serious damage to the sport.
You were part of pretty much the same action against me. Gotta shut this motherfucker up. Turn an Aerotow Industry goon loose to try to talk some sense into him before hitting him with our lawyer.
But the expulsion doesn't stop me from doing that ... and I'll probably be doing it even more!!
Noticed Kite Strings lately? Since your spree of Homosexual-Relationship-With-A-12-Year-Old-Boy spam?
- USHPA didn't like me testifying in court. But the expulsion doesn't stop me from doing that ... and I'm far less inhibited now then...
Than.
...as a USHPA member!!

- USHPA didn't like me building the US Hawks. But the expulsion doesn't stop me from doing that either ... and I'm more dedicated to the US Hawks now than before the expulsion!!
Wow! Now you should be able to accelerate the process of elected representation!
So none of the things that USHPA claimed they didn't like will be stopped by this expulsion.

In fact, the only thing that USHPA has stopped me from doing is the one thing that they've never complained about me doing ... flying my hang glider!!!
What was u$hPa complaining about me doing...

http://ozreport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24846
Is this a joke ?
Jim Rooney - 2011/08/25 04:55:25 UTC

Don't even get me started on Tad. That obnoxious blow hard has gotten himself banned from every flying site that he used to visit... he doesn't fly anymore... because he has no where to fly. His theories were annoying at best and downright dangerous most of the time. Good riddance.

So, argue all you like.
I don't care.
I've been through all these arguments a million times... this is my job.
I could be more political about it, but screw it... I'm not in the mood to put up with tender sensibilities... Some weekend warrior isn't about to inform me about jack sh*t when it comes to towing. I've got thousands upon thousands of tows under my belt. I don't know everything, but I'll wager the house that I've got it sussed a bit better than an armchair warrior.
http://ozreport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30971
Zach Marzec
Jim Rooney - 2013/03/07 18:24:58 UTC

You're the one advocating change here, not me.
I'm fine.

These are only questions if you're advocating change. Which I'm not. You are.

You're the one speculating on Zack's death... not me.
Hell, you've even already come to your conclusions... you've made up your mind and you "know" what happened and what to do about.
It's disgusting and you need to stop.
You weren't there. You don't know.
All you have is the tug pilot report, who himself says he doesn't know... and HE WAS THERE... and he doesn't know.

Ever heard of "Confirmation Bias"?
Because you're a textbook example.
You were out looking for data to support your preconceived conclusion, rather than looking at the data and seeing what it tells you... which is why this is the first time we've heard from you and your gang.

Go back to Tad's hole in the ground.
While you're there, ask him why he was banned from every east coast flying site.
...to justify my effective expulsion. Did you ever here ANYTHING about my flying, violations of u$hPa SOPs or FAA regs, personal/inappropriate conduct at flying sites, communications on glider forums?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Same boat, Bob. But one of many glaring differences is that my goal for Kite Strings was always to educate, share power, make myself redundant. And while the scale is disappointing (but what I should've been able to predict) things have moved will in that direction.

You've been a total barrier to aeronautical education and competence and are no less a total dictatorship on 2015/05/11 than you were at your birth on 2010/01/13. All you are is Five Year Plan to implement another Five Year Plan.
---
Edit - 2015/05/22 15:55:00 UTC
Take that extra "l" and use it for "Dockweiler".
Nope. See edit notes at the bottom of the previous post. Just take the extra "l" out.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

http://ozreport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42429
police were summoned again
Bill Cummings - 2015/05/11 16:16:03 UTC

I see yesterday Sunday 5-10-2015 Bob went to the Torrey Pines Glider Port and the police were summoned again.
Graeme Henderson - 2015/05/11 19:17:53 UTC

Hi Bill,
Shows what an absolute idiot he is. His supporters should hang their heads in shame for encouraging this insanity.
It's a FUCKING CITY PARK, asshole. It's being claimed / staked out as the private property of a hang/para gliding equivalent of drug cartel. It needs to be stood up to and dismantled and have its thugs and corrupt political enablers put in prison where they belong.

Don't you EVER tell me what I should do with my head - fuckin' total Davis Show douchebag.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

Andrew Vanis - 2015/05/11 19:31:28 UTC

Not sure how it works in OZ but in many parts of the world citizens don't have the freedoms and protections that US citizens have.

On the legal front, parties in the US typically pay their own way, however in certain civil right violations - discrimination, whistle blower, and most person-is-right government-is-wrong actions - the attorney for the citizen gets paid by the oppressing party if the citizen wins. Thankfully the laws are for the benefit of the citizens rather than the convenience of the connected folks in power. Sometimes cumbersome and sometimes doesn't make sense at first glance, but once you look at the details and certainly for the affected individual it makes a lot of sense. There is a reason that sometimes Jewish lawyers represent the Nazi demonstrators as they recognize the need to protect the voice of the minority.
Yeah, that's pretty much what's happening with my defense of Bob over here - free of charge.
Michael Grisham - 2015/05/11 19:45:08 UTC
Las Vegas

And . . . . . . . . . .
Patrick Halfhill - 2015/05/11 20:09:27 UTC

hot diggitty! here we go again
Go fuck yourself, Pat.
Graeme Henderson - 2015/05/11 22:08:02 UTC

Hi Andrew,

In Aus there are certainly less protections, there is no bill of rights to back us up, but the medical system makes up for that.

I was trained by Greenpeace International in the fine art of political trouble making, teams from the USA and Europe gave me the benefit of their experience and I became the second person in this country who was authorised to select, organise and run Greenpeace Actions in Australia. Dealing with the law and with the authorities is a big part of that. Knowing how far you can go and what laws you will or will not break is part of it, brinkmanship is another part of it. You retain control by ensuring it is filmed/recorded, witnessed. You decide if you get arrested or not or if you risk death or not, indeed if you die or not. Used in an honest cause it is very effective, used in a worthless cause it can create mayhem for a short time, it can cause a lot of pointless trouble but it can't make a lie become true.
Bob uses some of these protest tools in this attack on the USHPA. In my opinion Bob did not go to TP for any other reason than to push buttons until they called the fuzz.
Really Graeme? Then how come none of the Gliderport thugs are coming out on any of the many platforms they have available to them - including the Paragliding Forum which caters to Paragliding Industry thugs - to tell us what REALLY happened on Sunday? Why, when the actually had a LEGITIMATE issue with Bob on 2014/11/09, did they go into court and lie their asses off for month after month after month?
Sure, he may be legally allowed to go there...
ALLOWED??? He's fucking legally ENTITLED to go there. And fuck anybody who doesn't one hundred percent back him on that.
...but only the most gullible of honest people would try to claim that Bob wasn't out to cause as much trouble as he could within the bounds of the law.
What's your basis for making that statement, douchebag? Only a total fucking asshole would think that that if Bob had showed up with a pair of binoculars solely to watch the Pelicans that those thugs wouldn't have done everything they could to have him arrested.
He went there to uphold his constitutional right to irritate a paragliding school.
Fuck you, Graeme.
Who can support that?
I can and do. I can and do support ANY legal at that park - including:

066-165709
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5322/17179497616_0179da467e_o.png
073-173220
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8727/16997998127_0dc02969d5_o.png
097-191620
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7634/17019267669_112f0c55c4_o.png
111-220305
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8689/17017690128_9584e79846_o.png
113-220710
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8700/17205433495_ea31ccab99_o.png

and having a sewerload of Westboro Baptist Church shitheads show up with their "God Hates Fags" signs and T-shirts.
He is doing this as part of his campaign to split the USHPA in two, that is to say he is doing this for political purposes.
I don't give a flying fuck what he's doing there or why - as long as it's...

...legal. That motherfucker however...

I'd like to see his fuckin' teeth kicked in.
Who, apart from Rick Masters and Joe Faust can support that?
Anybody who's got a couple molecules worth of fairness and decency in his composition.
BTW, sometimes Jewish, and indeed lawyers of all religious persuasions, take cases for the money they can make, and / or, the fame they can get, regardless of what they may say motivated them.
Oh. So there aren't any lawyers who ever do anything entirely pro bono and unpopular. Thanks for clarifying that for us.
Cheers,
Graeme
Get fucked, Graeme.
Jim Gaar - 2015/05/12 12:05:15 UTC

Just so readers know, Bob showed up Image, with court documents in hand, and the summoned police showed the documents to the Concessionaire.

Needless to say, Bob was NOT removed from the property and continued to enjoy the day. IMHO there was much fuel poured on the fire by the USHPA. Now me thinks they might have a real challenge on their hands. Certainly a better one then before the expulsion... Image
A Greenpeacer being a total fucking asshole and Rodie saying something right and decent. :roll:
Steve Forslund - 2015/05/12 16:21:39 UTC
Speaking of total fucking assholes.
Needless to say, Bob was NOT removed from the property and continued to enjoy the day.
Yeah it sounds like a great time.
Nah, standing up to thuggery probably WASN'T a great time. Showing up and flying safely with friends and under fair rules would've been a great time. But we've got too many useless pieces o' shit such as yourself in these sports for stuff like that to ever happen on much of a scale.
Fred Wilson - 2015/05/12 17:18:11 UTC

Graeme, that may just be the coolest post I have ever read here.
I'll bet it is. Davis makes a point of deleting stuff that doesn't totally suck and banning the authors.
All the years I have been reading your posts, and today I really learned something about you.
Wow. You're capable of reading something for years and learning something. Who'da thunk.
A totally different side to your life.
That was a treat to read! I wish other pilots would let us in on stuff like that from time to time.
I'll be happy to let ya in on some stuff, Fred. Check out Kite Strings sometime when you wanna take a break from reading Graeme for years.
Tip of the hat!
Go fuck yourself, Fred.
Steve Corbin - 2015/05/12 17:28:47 UTC

I second Fred's post!
Hopefully with the same sarcasm I'm hoping you were using when you seconded Tommy's post on The Jack Show.
Michael Grisham - 2015/05/14 3:15:18 UTC

And that speaks volumes.
Andrew Vanis - 2015/05/14 4:02:56 UTC
Used in an honest cause it is very effective, used in a worthless cause it can create mayhem for a short time...
And there is the beauty of at least two sides to every story.
Like the:
- easy versus no reach release actuator
- bent versus straight pin barrel release
- one size fits all 130 pound Greenspot Rooney Link versus one and a half G Tad-O-Link
- real sense of security versus hook-in check
the following is not a perfect analogy but does point out two valid viewpoints - not sure what Greenpeace item you activated for but lets say its saving the whales, i'm sure the people relying on feeding their family with their whaling jobs had a hard time understanding why you would want their families to starve.
Oh no! Starving whaler family children. Put me down for five gallons of whale oil for my lamps.

And let's not forget the ivory poacher's family. The price of AK-47 ammo went up again last month and they have to buy all that cyanide to poison the carcasses or the rangers will get tipped off to what's going on by the vulture congregations.

Thanks for opening my eyes enough to be able to see things from the viewpoint of thugs and sociopaths.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

Graeme Henderson - 2015/05/14 08:57:45 UTC

Bob annoyed TP again and caused the fuzz to be called.

I brought up my Greenpeace experience to indicate the personal experience that informs my opinion about what Bob is up to.
Well yeah. Because of your Greenpeace experience you're able to make blanket statements about what's going on on the other side of the planet with absolutely no actual evidence to support your OPINION and tons of evidence that indicates you're totally full o' shit.
Bob is running a dishonest campaign...
Eighty to ninety percent of Bob's campaigns are dishonest. Why not go after him for those rather than the ones on which he's on totally solid ground?
...where he is the actual aggressor while always trying to set up the scenario so that he can claim to be the victim.
He's been repeatedly arrested by corrupt cops on totally bogus "trespassing" charges, spent months in court getting cleared of grounds for a restraining order for workplace violence while being presumed guilty, had his hang and para gliding careers pretty much ended by u$hPa "proceedings" so bogus and vile that lotsa folk who totally hate his guts were outraged - but...

...HE's the aggressor.
It is pathetic to watch when you know what you're looking at, and you would have to be incredibly gullible not to see that now, surely.
And here I was thinking you were expressing an OPINION.
Two sides there may be, but that does not make both right, or are you saying ISIS is right, for that is what your "logic" says?
Since when is...

http://ozreport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14931
Tad's release (even more)
Freedomspyder - 2009/02/14 17:43:30 UTC

I've found your posts on both hook-in checks and releases very interesting and well thought out.
Best of luck dealing with the Oz Report forum cult and its leader.
...logic of any value on The Davis Show?
Or are you saying that Bob had no idea that his going to TP might result in the police being called, that he was innocent?
I think he had EVERY idea that his going to Torrey WOULD result in the police being called - pretty much the same why civil rights organizers in Mississippi had every expectation of being spat on, attacked, beaten, arrested, murdered, lynched. What's your point?
You want us to believe that Bob innocently went there, without a clue in the world that his mere presence might cause alarm, and to quote Jim earlier: "with court documents in hand". IN HAND, he innocently went there with COURT DOCUMENTS IN HAND. Are you really asking us to believe that he went there in all innocence?
I don't want YOU to believe ANYTHING. You're so fuckin' totally deranged that I don't even know where to begin with a statement like that.
Do you really think that it is good that a person would set out to harass and annoy a paragliding school?
I really think that your presenting this statement that Bob set out to harass and annoy a paragliding school as indisputable fact tells us everything we really need to know about you and your credibility. 'Course the fact that you're a Davis Show member who's never come under any kind of fire from Davis had told us all that years ago.
Your latest analogy is stupider than your first one. An artificial construct with no relationship to reality, do you work in advertising?
Yeah, Kettle. How does your black ass respond to that one?
Tormod Helgesen - 2015/05/14 09:28:10 UTC
Oslo

As far as Norwegian whalers go, they're just stubborn pricks. They and our society would be better of with them on welfare. The other nations? I don't know but I'm pretty sure they won't starve in New Zealand or Japan either.
Graeme Henderson - 2015/05/14 11:21:58 UTC

Hi Tormod

I am pretty sure New Zealanders don't eat whales. I agree with you wholeheartedly about the situation with the Norwegian whalers and it is similar with the Japanese whalers. Japan has a mountain of whale meat they can't give away even though they have only been getting about ten percent of their intended catch because of Sea Shepard's actions. Japan's whaling industry is heavily subsidised by the tax payers. Andrew's starving whalers could be paid their wages, the whales could be left in peace, no one would go hungry and it would save the Japanese taxpayers money.

Humans are strange animals.
Jim Gaar - 2015/05/14 12:50:40 UTC

Anyone that had been purposefully harassed time and time again would be very prudent to have officially accepted/rightfully earned documents "on hand" in order to prove ones right to be where they can and should be. I'm not buying your story Graeme, even if it's a good one... Image

And why would Bob need to be going to Torry Pines with any perceived innocence? From all that I have seen and read and heard Bob was the Greenpeace ship crossing the bow of TP's whaling operation. Have you seen the TP's Ad in USHPA's magazine? It's just one more nail in their coffin of pushing hang glider pilots to the side of a place that should be open and equally shared by all types of free flying. Not just the ones that make more money.
Did somebody finally shoot that motherfucker then hijack his account?
Tormod Helgesen - 2015/05/14 14:03:55 UTC

New Zealand don't kill whales, I made a typo there, sorry.
Right, Tormod. You hit a wrong key and it typed out:
New Zealand or
and you failed to catch it on the proofread.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

Hey Bob...
Bob Kuczewski - 2015/05/08 07:16:36 UTC

Tad, you are so driven by hatred for me that you're embarrassing yourself on your forum.
Note that while I'm being driven by my hatred for you and embarrassing myself on my forum neither you nor any of your groupies is dealing ANYWHERE with the shit that Graeme has been hurling at you on The Davis Show the past couple days.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

Bob Kuczewski - 2015/05/14 19:14:51 UTC

Judge's Ruling

Hello Tad,

In one of your posts you were critical of me leaving out one of USHPA's quotes from the Judge in my descriptions of her ruling.

I have posted her full ruling in "Jailed" topic at US Hawks. You will see that her ruling did not include the statement that USHPA quoted in their expulsion actions. The quote that USHPA gave was taken from the seven days of testimony and I believe it was spoken by the Judge as part of her effort to probe witnesses to see how they react. The fact that she did not include that statement in her written ruling supports that fact.

Furthermore, the Judge was tasked with a workplace violence case. She did not delve into the rights of pilots to be on the Gliderport or whether we had to obey any unreasonable requests to "get out of here" issued by the thugs giving lessons. So for USHPA to use her quote (especially when not part of her actual ruling) shows the clear bias of their proceeding.
In one of your posts...
http://www.kitestrings.org/post7772.html#p7772
...you were critical of me leaving out one of USHPA's quotes from the Judge in my descriptions of her ruling.
No I wasn't. I was critical of you for not addressing or even acknowledging a legitimate criticism - a pattern you exhibit all the freakin' time.
The quote that USHPA gave was taken from the seven days of testimony and I believe it was spoken by the Judge as part of her effort to probe witnesses to see how they react.
I'd have been happy to write in as Friend of the Court and given her MY reaction.
The fact that she did not include that statement in her written ruling supports that fact.
I haven't heard anyone suggest otherwise.
Furthermore, the Judge was tasked with a workplace violence case. She did not delve into the rights of pilots to be on the Gliderport...
Not all the stuff people CAN do is stuff they SHOULD do.
...or whether we had to obey any unreasonable requests to "get out of here" issued by the thugs giving lessons.
Yeah. They're thugs. Try to keep the focus on that LEGITIMATE issue rather than adulterating things with loads of totally fake safety issues.
So for USHPA to use her quote (especially when not part of her actual ruling) shows the clear bias of their proceeding.
The "proceeding" was pretty much a total atrocity - but that little bit was totally legitimate. Which, of course, is why you didn't address it then and aren't addressing it now.

And for a high volume operation with such a horrendous attitude concerning and approach to safety you sure seem to be struggling to make the case, provide the evidence, cite actual incidents.

- An LZ midair between two student paraglider pilots - one of whom is a Hang Five. And we've heard NOTHING about why it happened, whose fault it was, what SOPs were violated - just that the Hang Five wasn't under radio control.

- Brad and Max doing some mild CRW with a couple little kid "students" in glassy smooth air. Huge safety margins, nobody scratched, everything under precise control at all times and aboveboard. No violations of u$hPa SOPs or FAA regs. Permanent revocation of tandem rating for Brad.

- Gabe teaching a paragliding class and kiting without a helmet. "Um ... you should put a helmet on. If you're hooked into a glider you're setting a bad example for your students." Violated a totally useless, unjustified, obnoxious SOP that was never on the books for the decades of existences of the sports and wouldn't be for another three weeks.

And in MY battles the motherfuckers were - and are - violating the crap out of u$hPa SOPs and FAA regs all the time, deliberately and flagrantly and for no reasons other than they feel like it and ACTUAL people were and are getting mangled and killed as consequences. And Safety Bob's response is to have u$hPa's venerable old pigfucker Dennis Pagen try to talk some sense into Tad and harness his energy before unleashing the lawyer on him.

http://www.ushawks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=463
Davis Straub's "Oz Report" Conflict of Interest
Bob Kuczewski - 2011/03/09 02:33:49 UTC

This is going to sound cold, but I believe people have a right to make their own choices. I don't want a "nanny state" where anyone is telling me what I can and can't do ... for my own good. The sport of hang gliding would surely not exist if that thinking were carried to its logical extreme. There's something bred into all living things that urges them toward taking some degree of risk in their lives. Those who want to forbid that risk are essentially snuffing out the human spirit itself. I can't support that. I do support information. I support good information. I support exposing bad information. But I don't support dictating what anyone can or can't do. The fundamental principle of economics (and evolution) is two words: "people choose".
You do NOTHING BUT support dictating what anyone can or can't do - when it suits your purposes at any given moment.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

Graeme Henderson - 2015/05/14 20:10:43 UTC

Hi Jim,

I am sorry but there is no way that I can see Bob as the victim here.
Well then, obviously none of us should either.
He went to TP to deliberately cause trouble. To uphold his constitutional right to irritate a paragliding school.
Cite your evidence.
I can't support that, the ends do not justify such means.
I fully support the right of assholes to not support stuff.
Given what we see with Bob and his behavior I can have some sympathy for paraglider pilots wanting to get rid of hang glider pilots at Torrey. Bob is giving all hang glider pilots a bad name with his obnoxious stupidity.
And after you've done so much to give all hang glider pilots an absolutely wonderful name with your enviable brilliance.
If there are problems at TP then they need to be dealt with properly, and that is not what Bob is doing.
There are obviously no problems at Torrey so I don't even know why you bothered with this sentence.
I was never involved in the anti-whaling campaign with Greenpeace. I was more into toxic waste and nuclear powered warships, there is nothing more satisfying than blocking a toxic waste pipe in my opinion.
And yet here's The Davis Show still after all these years providing a global platform for assholes such as yourself to spew whatever crap they feel like.
Jim Gaar - 2015/05/14 20:27:08 UTC

I don't see Bob as the victim either.
What? The false arrests, presumed guilty for months before being proven innocent in court, and the u$hPa expulsion to negate the finding of the court weren't good enough for you?
Just that no one else seems to be doing anything about hang gliders being a welcome part of TPs.
Graeme Henderson - 2015/05/14 21:05:27 UTC

Hi Jim,

Then we are in agreement here after all.
I never had the slightest doubt. I don't think you have the slightest clue just how much you and Rodie are in agreement.
Then we need to figure out a plan, a strategy, to deal with the non-Bob issues at Torrey.
Really? You've already got everything else so perfectly sussed out. I was just assuming you also had all the solutions honed to perfection.
The first thing to do, is to figure out where the moral high ground lies in this battle, and at the moment I can't see that because of all the dust Bob is kicking up.
That plus the fact that you're a know-it-all asshole who doesn't have the slightest fucking clue what he's talking about.
We, as HG pilots, are in a relationship with PG pilots. At TP there is a problem with the relationship.
Yeah - Bob. I thought we had that problem pretty much behind us.
Now there is one thing common to all relationships, and that is that they work like a see-saw, the higher one side gets the lower the other side gets. In seeking a balance it is important to remember that you only have the power to change your side of the relationship.
Yeah, after dealing with decades worth of Infallible Hewett Links ruling the skies I'm well familiar with that dynamic.
We can't solve this issue by looking at the changes we want the paragliding people to make. Instead we must look at the changes we, as HG pilots can make to improve the relationship. If we improve our side of the relationship then it is my understanding of the universe the PG people will be changed by that.
It's obvious to me that we haven't been sucking nearly enough u$hPa and Torrey Concessionaire dick.
That this issue is confined to TP and Bob shows that it is not the organisation that is broken.
Nah, the organization is obviously beyond reproach - as well being far beyond the reach of the law and civilized society.
Let's look at what HG pilots can do to improve the situation.
Let's all be prepared to drop our drawers and bend over lest our lords and masters tire of us sucking them off.
Brian McMahon - 2015/05/14 22:39:25 UTC
San Diego

It's amusing to read some of the posts from people that really know nothing at all about what's going on at the site.
Hey fuck you, Brian. Graeme has already invented all the facts we need to deal with this issue and we don't need the waters muddied further with any of your bullshit reality.
Bob didn't show up at Torrey to cause trouble, he showed up for a scheduled monthly meeting of the Torrey Hawks. He was prepared for the fact that the police would be called up again, and as such, well armed with legal documents to prevent another illegal arrest by the Concessionaire. There is no "HG - PG" problem at Torrey (Bob is a PG pilot too), there is a "HG - For Profit Business" problem that has mushroomed out of control. Bob has rubbed too many people the wrong way, but the problems do not disappear because he is thrown out of the USHPA. In fact, that just escalated the problem to another level.
Too Long, Didn't Read.
Graeme Henderson - 2015/05/15 0:01:29 UTC

Hi again Jim,

I should add on reflection that we are in agreement about the non-Bob issues at TP. My last post was somewhat presumptuous.
Oh bullshit. Anything you decide to pull out of your ass is beyond reproach.
Our disagreement is merely whether Bob should be allowed to deal with it his way...
Fuck that. WE can't start ALLOWING people to deal with things in their own ways when we have Devine Beings authorized by God to control things.
...or whether the issues aside from Bob should be dealt with by a responsible adult with the best interests of the sport in mind.
GRAEME! GRAEME! GRAEME! GRAEME! GRAEME!
The USHPA, considered the matter and got rid of Bob.
Damn straight! Totally justified, fair, aboveboard process supported by every fair and decent participant of the sports.
You would think that by doing that it would have solved at least that part of the problem and that the issues would be able to be examined rationally, but he is still here, still intent on causing trouble, still muddying the waters.
Yeah, let's redouble our efforts to silence and marginalize that iPhone wielding motherfucker.
Why is Bob still here?
Because the price of a good hit man soared to fuckin' ridiculous about five years ago.
Because a bunch of people keep encouraging him.
All totally clueless fucking assholes.
He thinks he is going to fight his way back into the USHPA or destroy it in the process.
Either way I'm having a hard time seeing a downside.
Then all the HG pilots will join the Hawks where Bob is King...
Fuck you. He's already appointed a Fake Board of Directors to do his bidding or be overruled. What more do you want?
...and the natural order will be restored by his army of loyal HG pilots who will storm the PG fortress at TP and drive the PG pilots off the cliff.
The ones who haven't been killed in platform towing accidents anyway.
Ironically where they will happily spend the day flying around and ignoring Bob's Army.
And we've already got Davis and Jack Armies. Why do we need another one.?
In 85 or 86 I was the first point of contact parapente pilots had with the NZHGA and Civil Aviation Department.
Some really brilliant people must've recognized your Divinity really early on.
I was very involved in the NZHGA and was one of the founders of the Microlight Association, I had a very good relationship with CAD...
Hard to imagine otherwise. The fine people who rewarded this landing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhE-dEcWM2A

with a lifetime ban from hang gliding.
I was one of only two microlight pilots allowed to fly into airports in New Zealand.
Wow! You and the other guy must be really amazing pilots!
I was happy to help them. The process of legalising parapenting in NZ started at my kitchen table, the option of having them in the NZHGA or separate was on the table from day one. Setting them up as a separate entity would have only been slightly more work.
We looked at this, discussed it in the club and in the association. We decided that having paragliding with us would make it easier to influence them, to teach them and to fly with them , in other words we could see that helping them would help us. A chief concern was to protect our flying sites by being able to teach them about both the laws and the country code.
Just like at Torrey. Amazing.
We also considered how the rejection of hang gliding by sections of the sailplane community had negatively effected...
Affected.
...the beginning of hang gliding in NZ.
And a model for all other national hang gliding organizations to envy and emulate.

http://www.kitestrings.org/topic48.html
AeroTow Manual from New Zealand
That other associations around the world followed suit indicates that we were not alone in reaching the conclusion that it was better to be inclusive.
Yeah, total shitheads throughout the planet.
I absolutely believe that we were right to elect to share the sky in friendship with these people, any problems caused by the inclusion of paragliding is nothing when compared to how it would be if we had rejected them.
I absolutely believe that decent, trustworthy people in these sports exist at a rate of about one per thousand. And I can present reasonably good data to back that up.
When we were considering the inclusion of paragliding there were some isolated individuals who expressed that they wanted inclusion so that HG pilots could control them, I heard similar comments from GA pilots when we were establishing the Microlight Association. Those are the people who are now afraid because there are way more PG than HG pilots, because they would control PGs if they could they fear PGs will want to control us.
From some asshole who's just talked about whether or not an individual should be ALLOWED to do something as he sees fit.
Forgetting about Bob completely, what is actually happening at Torrey?
Forgetting about Bob - and all the other Gliderport / San Diego / u$hPa atrocities - everything's absolutely wonderful at Torrey.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

Graeme Henderson - 2015/05/15 01:16:22 UTC

Brian,

People are actually wanting to understand the real issues, but we judge it by what we see, not what Bob and his disciples tell us to think about it.
Me? I just judge by whatever Graeme feels like saying because he was one of only two microlight pilots allowed to fly into airports in New Zealand.
And from the outside it looks anti-pg, it looks childish, it looks nasty and it looks like an ego trip. The Hawks need a new PR person badly.
I nominate Graeme Henderson because he was one of only two microlight pilots allowed to fly into airports in New Zealand.
I asked, when the Goodbye Bob thread started, for the original issues and the evidence to be presented, go look at the response.
We don't need them. We've already got all your divine pronouncements on them.
This drama looks pathetic, what an image the Hawks present to the world...
Speaking on behalf of the world.
...it is sad and it reflects badly on the sport.
How could anything any individual could possibly do reflect worse on the sport than the sport reflects on the sport?
Even if Bob is right...
WHAT? I thought We'd already eliminated that possibility a thousand times over.
...what he is doing is counter productive, the treatment is worse than the disease.
So where do you go to get a really good crystal ball?
My next question...
Oh, don't start doing QUESTIONS. I so do enjoy all your pronouncements of indisputable fact.
...would then be, what action are the Hawks taking to reign in Bob?
None nearly as effective as the Gliderport, City of San Diego, Jack and Davis Shows, u$hPa.
All I see is encouragement, there is a hint of culpability there isn't there?
http://www.ushawks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=881
Davis Straub; Idiot Statist, Endless Wars & Tyranny
Warren Narron - 2015/02/08 00:52:29 UTC

New Rule: Oath of Fealty?

Bob, without looking up the actual quote, have you ever stated that it is ok to reference anything from Tad?
Am I incorrect in this assumption?
Were there any bad words or threats in those two posts, where Tad is asking you to respond to ongoing safety concerns in the way hang gliding is done? These are safety considerations that you have addressed in the past.
Do you feel that those questions are not worth discussing when it comes to safety and therefore, the future of hang gliding?

Let me know exactly when the rules you have established were changed.

The course you are now embarked will mark the beginning of the end of this little experiment.
Have you noticed the distraction this paranoiac witch hunt has caused in shutting down discussion in another thread about the promotion of hang gliding? If it were possible for you to understand my developing proposal, could give the US Hawks some much needed credibility.
But no. You won't have any of it.
You are the smartest guy here and you want no part in developing any plan that doesn't come from your own slide rule calculator.
Moving a computer scale line by two megapixels does not reverse the laws of physics.
That kind of manipulation is not going to carry the US Hawks over the finish line of your imagination.

The Hawks has no product. There is no there, there.
You are selling pie in the sky and there is no market for it.
I am here to help you and you won't let me.
You don't know what I have to offer the Hawks because you don't listen.
Turn me out for the fake reasons I've seen here and my new motivation will be quite different.
The wisdom of wisdom is that you learn from your mistakes.
A little humility goes a long way too.

Do you really want to make something of the Hawks or is this just a big popularity contest?
Valid hang gliding safety concerns should never be off the table of any organization that professes to be a hang gliding organization.
Wherever they come from.

You can make rules about how these are presented but the first entrenchment or retreat from these issues are when the organization begins to lose relevancy.

Right now you are calling all the shots. Continue the course you are going and the gloves will come off.
You are not the only one allowed that privilege.
You can choose to lose my contribution and have it turned against you.
This is not a threat, it is just nature.
I've been railroaded before and I don't like it.
You know that feeling right? It's what brought us all together.
Those that do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
Now, this HG - for profit business, is it a shop? a school? joy rides perhaps? Whose business is it? What is the problem with this business? You have the answers so please tell us.
What's it matter? You've already bestowed your Sacred Pronouncements on all us muppets.
Swift - 2015/05/15 02:25:17 UTC

Wow. You've given us so much of your opinion and now you are just getting around to understand the basic issues?
Fuck you. He's not just getting around to understanding anything.
Your cart was before your horse and now you are looking the ass. Is this the way you make all your decisions?
Duh.