Thanks Tad !

General discussion about the sport of hang gliding
deltaman

Thanks Tad !

Post by deltaman »

I leave flatlands for the alps..
I'd like to thank you sincerly Tad to help me to introduce 2 point AT in France in a safely manner and understand better lot of important stuffs about AT (release, wl, asymmetrical tension..). I try to relay your work here.
Thanks Zack too for having offered you a place to talk about, and for us to ask and read.
Regards Guys
Tad Eareckson

Re: Thanks Tad !

Post by Tad Eareckson »

I leave flatlands for the alps..
Not permanently I hope!

A couple of years ago I walked Craig Stanley - who was flying the Chicago area - through a version of Steve Kinsley's four-string emergency release because he was switching from two point to one and wanted to be able to survive a low level lockout with a better release than Marc Fink's 250 foot Greenspot. He put together something cheap and clunky but perfectly effective using a couple of dollars worth of hardware parts, had it make one flight a lot less interesting, then almost immediately moved to California where it's almost impossible to find a strip of flat land long enough to accommodate a Dragonfly takeoff.
I'd like to thank you sincerly Tad to help me...
It's been a real delight to work with someone who recognizes dangerous shortcomings and defects in the way hang gliding is doing business and wants to do something about it enough to wade through a lot of boring technical stuff in a second language and convert it to stuff he can put in the air.
I try to relay your work here.
PLEASE! There's gotta be more intelligent life over there than there is here.
Thanks Zack too for having offered you a place to talk about, and for us to ask and read.
Hope you've been following Ridgerodent and Zack and recent events on The Davis Show. The lock and ban buttons - in conjunction with the unfathomably stupidity of the US hang gliding population - are the only things that keep these bastards afloat. Some indication that Zack now despises Rooney at least a healthy fraction of what I do.
Regards Guys
Thanks and best wishes. Come back and log in here every once in a while to let us know you're still alive and/or post something on The Davis and/or Jack Shows to make life miserable for Matt or some other Flight Park Mafia made man.

And if you're gonna be taking off from ramps instead of dollies... ALWAYS assume you are NOT hooked in two seconds before EVERY launch.