The Bob Show

General discussion about the sport of hang gliding
Tad Eareckson

Re: The Bob Show

Post by Tad Eareckson »

http://ozreport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42429
police were summoned again
Eric J - 2015/07/09 23:02:09 UTC

Vote to bury(in the basement over @ Hangliding.org or perhaps AOL) :roll: )
Here's a thought, semi-literate asshole...

If you have no interest in a particular topic then don't click on it. And if you're too fucking stupid to be able to not click on it then you still have the option of not reading it.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

http://www.ushawks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1987
Hang gliding safety article
Frank Colver - 2015/07/10 20:24:46 UTC

If anybody on this forum (besides me) still belongs to the USHPA, there is an excellent article in the June 2015 issue of "Hang Gliding & Paragliding" magazine on hang gliding safety. It is written by Mike Meier, of Wills Wing Inc. Image
1. You don't NEED to be a u$hPa member to access.

2. Wow! It bears a STUNNING similarity to the excellent article in the September 1998 issue of "Hang Gliding" magazine on hang gliding safety also written by Mike Meier, of Wills Wing, Inc. Image

3. And there's NOTHING to indicate that it's a near seventeen year old rerun. (Ever wonder what the space MIGHT have been better used for...

http://www.hanggliding.org/viewtopic.php?t=31781
Another hang check lesson
Alan Deikman - 2014/09/23 19:47:06 UTC

A lot of people will find it gores their particular sacred Ox, but I have never seen anyone point out a flaw in his logic.
...if xeroxing weren't the order of the day?)

4. This is such an astoundingly excellent article on hang gliding safety and it's had so many endorsements as an excellent article on hang gliding safety that it just boggles my mind that we still hear reports of people bonking landings every month or so.

5. Name one fucking person who's ever done one fucking thing different as a result of having read the excellent article on hang gliding safety written by Mike Meier, of Wills Wing, Inc. - other than write about what a great article on hang gliding safety it is. Name one fucking person who's once bothered to lift his wing six inches...

31-05425
http://farm1.staticflickr.com/256/19584328015_2b97b2bcd2_o.png

...just prior to starting a run off a three thousand foot cliff. Just one person doing that just once would have the potential to do more good than a thousand years worth of assholes talking about the excellent article on hang gliding safety written by Mike Meier, of Wills Wing, Inc.

Get back to me when those ass covering motherfuckers tell us just what an appropriate weak link is, what it's supposed to do, and what the possible downsides are of using one that's overly appropriate.

Get back to me when Wills Wing terminates this fraud it's been maintaining since the beginning of time that their gliders have not been designed to be towed while selling tens of thousands of them to places like Florida and Texas and citing competition standings from places like Quest and Big Spring in their advertising.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

Bob Kuczewski - 2015/07/11 18:16:54 UTC

Thanks.

Hi Tad,

I just wanted to offer a general thanks for all of the information that you capture and preserve on your site. I find it to be a helpful reference when all else fails.

I wish I could just leave it there, but I have to add that your site would be a much better reference without the hateful personal attacks and foul language. I don't think you can change that, but I feel compelled to suggest it just the same.

Bob
I just wanted to offer a general thanks for all of the information that you capture and preserve on your site.
1. I don't like to think of it as MY site. It wasn't founded as such and was never intended to be so. And there's always been shared power. Three other members have my password and the ability to wipe this place off the map.

But the reality is that my situation is a one in a million accident of aviation evolution: I know what I'm talking about and I have nothing left to lose - everything that can be done to me has been already. Corollary to that is that I have no life and thus plenty of time for keyboard. And I don't see much hope of Kite Strings surviving beyond me.

But hang gliding itself is imploding as we watch so what the fuck.

2. Let's not forget the ferreting. Took months to put the Kelly Harrison / Arys Moorhead puzzle together from all the disinformation that was being spewed out by all the cover-up agencies. That's my magnum opus. With a bit o' luck there will be another one like it sometime in the next couple years so's I can put my new code cracking skills to the test.
I find it to be a helpful reference when all else fails.
Everything else failed well before the end of the last millennium.
I wish I could just leave it there, but I have to add that your site would be a much better reference without the hateful personal attacks and foul language.
For whom? People of varying ages working on their fifth grade science projects? Let 'em pick up copies of the excellent book, Towing Aloft, by Dennis Pagen and Bill Bryden from u$hPa for $29.95 - no naughty words, just lotsa Industry Standard bullshit that'll get 'em killed if they put it into practice.

The sport needs hateful personal attacks a few thousand times more than it needs hang checks, perfected flare timing, weak links, helmets, and parachutes combined. Jim Keen-Intellect Rooney has been permanently silenced thanks to hateful personal attacks. And there's no good way to do hateful personal attacks without foul language - 'specially when fucking assholes like Brian Vant-Hull who could and should be helping are just getting and going along.

Speaking of hateful personal attacks...

Lay off of Brad and Max with the fake child endangerment bullshit. Makes it really difficult to align with you against the gliderport. ('Specially considering that regardless of which of you ends up winning that war - I lose.) Wanna do ACTUAL child endangerment? Jean Lake. Fuckin' mother lode.
I don't think you can change that, but I feel compelled to suggest it just the same.
1. There's an assumption there about what I WANT to change.

2. Try reading my stuff when I'm talking to somebody who wants to understand the physics involved in flying, towing, landing hang gliders or the difference between a preflight inspection and a hook-in check - the stuff that was what I WANTED to be doing from WITHIN the sport.
Steve Davy

Post by Steve Davy »

And I don't see much hope of Kite Strings surviving beyond me.
I'd like to know what you mean by that, Tad.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

We only have three people currently posting at any significant level - one of them somewhat anonymously. (Hell, even our founder was/is somewhat anonymous.)

The kind of individual appropriate for this forum exists in the sport at a level of something on the order of one in several thousand.

All three of us entered the sport at about the same time and are about the same age.

76.8 percent of the total posts are mine and it's gotta be really ridiculous when you factor in volume. Nobody else has the time to handle a scale like that. (Not to diminish the value of other contributions - there's a LOT of CRITICAL stuff that wouldn't have happened had this been a solo blog. And it's a huge morale boost seeing others active and knowing that I'm not entirely alone.)

People who say the things that need to be said get retaliated against by the motherfuckers controlling the sport. That can mean an effective end of flying career. (Ask me how I know.)

The people who come here for this:
Zack C - 2010/11/23 05:23:34 UTC

The purpose of Kite Strings is to foster serious discussion regarding the practices and technologies of modern hang gliding.
are in and out in five minutes 'cause the nuts and bolts of the game are ten year old kid stuff.

If we were to win the war there'd be no reason for us to exist. (Dennis Pagen and Bill Bryden published a really excellent book on towing so comprehensive and solid that in the seventeen and a half years since there's been no need to publish a revision with so much as an edited punctuation mark. (And it just occurred to me that any legitimate revision would be an admission that they and all the wonderful people credited in their Acknowledgement hadn't gotten things right the first time and people had died as a consequence. We note that the Birrenator issue which killed Eric Aasletten is illustrated in Towing Aloft's Performance Flying prequel but totally absent from the New and Improved version. There could and would be no discussion of weak links possible other than to always use an appropriate one with a finished length of 1.5 inches or less - the Industry Standard.))

I don't think we're gonna win the war 'cause the class of scum typical of participants is perfectly OK watching an eleven year old kid get murdered and letting the FAA, u$hPa, "pilot" community, police, mainstream media cover-up machinery kick into gear to keep boats from getting rocked. Hit counts on the Jean Lake crash thread here are fairly pathetic (878 hits for 73 posts at the moment). u$hPa's sole mission is to protect itself from accountability and the individual recreational pilot views u$hPa's continued existence and solvency as essential to his ability to continue flying.

Three weeks ago yesterday a very well known, popular, high profile Hang Four spiraled in across the road from Ridgely in sled conditions on an aircraft that appeared to be for recreational purposes and nobody's expressed THE SLIGHTEST INTEREST in finding out WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED.

Hang gliding's an asshole magnet - always has been, always will be. And the individuals going for quantity over quality tailor their products accordingly - make the state of assholiness fashionable and cool.

But, what the fuck, doing something is better than doing nothing. We ANNIHILATED Rooney and his pet cocksuckers. The Sacred Fishing Line scam would've collapsed without us and/or Zack Marzec but we're the only team on the planet who ended up with credibility - us a hundred percent, everybody else zero. And we're not hearing much these days from Tom Galvin about how hook-in checks give false senses of security or Mike Bomstad about the harness being part of the aircraft and entering the cockpit only after everything's been assembled and preflighted.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

Here's a shorter answer...

If we don't start attracting people of varying ages just coming into the sport we have crappy prospects for long term survival. And we pretty much by definition are not gonna attract people of varying ages just coming into the sport.

So we do as much damage as possible while we can and learn to be reasonably content with that much.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

http://ozreport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42429
police were summoned again
Graeme Henderson - 2015/07/11 23:31:02 UTC

Hi Bill,

Your so called fertile ground over at the Hawks site is actually just sewerage. I am never going back there, it's a sick place.

As I look at the claims made about the goings on at TP I can't help thinking about all the things I and others have done. Put it up against Bill Moyes teaching Steve to fly the Dickenson Wing. What about the 10 foot standard Dickenson Wing built for a child, and flown by a child? I see nothing that justifies Bob's actions.

Cheers,
Graeme
Hey Graeme,

I fuckin' THRIVE on "sewerage". What would be the point in hanging out in a discussion group in which stalls ARE considered to be dangerous? You get personal affirmation for being right about something? Nice ego boost?

If you care about the sport and you see little infections and malignant tumors popping up here and there do you just close your eyes, put your fingers in your ears, and go running back to hide behind Davis's skirt?

Over here we seek out the sewage and deal with it. When we're successful we stop hearing Jim Keen-Intellect Rooney telling us how tired as hell he gets "refuting" all these mouth release and "strong link" arguments. When we're not it doesn't take all that long for the next asshole to slam in and we get to say "Toldyaso - motherfuckers." Win/Win.

Why don't you tell us all about all the wonderful things you have done and/or are doing to make the sport better from behind Davis's skirt?

And fuck hang gliding ancient history.

Otto Lilienthal was doing a pretty good job of it late in the century prior to the advent of modern hang gliding and Wilbur and Orville figured out how a wing was supposed to work a short time after that. NOTHING that's been done subsequently has been rocket science. Fuckin' flying wing with a strap coming out of the middle and a triangle bolted underneath. And still nobody in the sport understands the concept of differential wire tension. Look at the response to Jeffrey Roberson's Lever Link proposal.

Otto was doing things a lot more intelligently and competently on his last flight on 1896/08/09 than Kelly Harrison was on his on 2015/03/27.

And where the fuck was John Dickenson when Donnell came out with his Skyting "Theory" and where's he been in the 34 years since? And fuck Bill Moyes. Mega-asshole.

You're afraid of Bob because he has a lot of legitimacy in some of his positions and you're too much of a coward to concede that while attacking him on the stuff for which he SHOULD BE attacked.

When the only resources you have are a big brush and a can of black paint all your problems start looking like nails that need to be painted black.
Steve Davy

Post by Steve Davy »

Thanks for the thoughtful reply, Tad.

I'm glad that Kite Strings is here for the folks that want to learn how to keep themselves alive, and for the Lemmings that provide a source for some top notch entertainment.

PS Since this is the Bob show thread let me just add that I suspect that Bob is just barely smart enough to have figured out that Sam Kellner is a totally pathetic excuse for a human being, but he's too much of a worm to say so.

PPS And there is no point in asking Bob if he's figured out that Sam is a totally pathetic excuse for a human being because Bob will say whatever he needs to say in order to help keep his scheme going. God, what a shitty way to exist. I almost feel sympathy for you, Bob.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

Bob's VERY smart. Lincoln said no man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar but he does an AMAZING job of juggling the detail items while obviously lying like a rug on the big picture nonspecific stuff. It's REALLY hard to pin him down on quotable contradictions.

Compare/Contrast with Jim Keen-Intellect Rooney. Parasitic little fraud who created an illusion of supreme competence and intelligence within the Kinsley Sykes caliber class of idiots which infests the sport, started believing his own scam, said anything that popped into his twisted little worm brain which he thought would best suit his purposes at any given nanosecond, started flatly contradicting himself every other paragraph, got TORN TO SHREDS by Kite Strings hit men post Marzec, will never be able to show his ugly little face on any forum ever again anywhere.

Problem with Bob is that he's a paranoid schizophrenic control freak trying to create an organization which will operate on a foundation of principles while building it on a foundation of whatever Bob thinks will maximize participation at any given moment and minimize any threat to Bob.

We can predict that US Hawks will either continue as a dictatorship with no there there or implode about three or four nanoseconds after he relinquishes control just as easily as we can predict what will happen with Kite Strings as we dinosaurs fade away.

We've had some measurable positive and irreversible impacts on the sport and currently serve as very valuable reference (and antidote to all the crap that Pagen spewed out in the bygone age of paper with pencil sketches) as even Bob has gone out of his way to acknowledge in his message yesterday. And with some luck Kite Strings will by preserved as a reference, archive, historical record by some individuals following in our wake for a few decades before our rapidly devolving species finishes roasting the planet into oblivion.

So what's Bob gonna be able to show for the efforts of himself and his lunatic colony - beyond a preservation of the very very reliable enough bent pin release and an acceleration of the roasting?

P.S. Notice how in the past couple years the mainstream assholes are pretty heavily publicly occupied pissing all over The Bob Show while pretty much all the scumbags threatened by Kite Strings aren't breathing A WORD about us? That's a pretty good wave of fear we've got going.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

http://www.ushawks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1971
Look Ma, No USHPA!!
Bob Kuczewski - 2015/07/02 18:42:44 UTC

Crestline, California

Crestline is operated by the Crestline Soaring Society (CSS). In my experience, the CSS is one of the best run clubs in the sports of hang gliding and paragliding. They supervise the Crestliine launch, the Marshal launch, and the Andy Jackson landing zone. I believe they require USHPA membership to fly.
Yeah Bob...

http://www.crestlinesoaring.org/node/1095
Las Vegas Accident

Look how quickly those motherfuckers shut down the threat of a suggestion that there was gross criminal negligence involved in the death of an eleven year old tandem thrill rider at a surface tow site made in heaven in nothing conditions and got things back on track as a prayer meeting honoring one of the three or four most wonderful human beings ever to snap a carabiner into a hang loop.

Keep up the great work, Crestline. And DO consider changing your club name no Crestline Hawks and joining with Bob to help ensure the future of an alternate national hang gliding association in which a Kelly Harrison / Arys Moorhead:

07-03019
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8737/16790136379_c1c17b2f86_o.png

gets even less attention, publicity, investigation, accountability than a Sam Kellner / Terry Mason:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8143/7462005802_bbc0ac66ac_o.jpg

while Brad Geary and Max Marien get hounded from our midst for their outrageous child endangerment activities:

072-173217
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7679/17179496596_ff00991b03_o.png

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image