The Bob Show

General discussion about the sport of hang gliding
Tad Eareckson

Re: The Bob Show

Post by Tad Eareckson »

http://www.ushawks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1742
Terms of Service discussion.
Bob Kuczewski - 2015/02/04 08:32:17 UTC

Finally, one of the really big questions we have to answer (closely related to the Terms of Service) is who do we want in this organization? We're trying to build an alternative national hang gliding association. Do we want people in this organization who don't want an alternative national hang gliding association? Do we want people who hate hang gliding? Do we want people who hate the US Hawks? And if we don't, then how can we structure our Terms of Service to get what we do want?
Finally, one of the really big questions we have to answer (closely related to the Terms of Service) is who do we want in this organization?
Define "we". As far as I can tell "we" has always meant "Bob Kuczewski". He's the only one who's had any actual control of anything over there for the four and a half years of Bob Show existence.
We're trying to build an alternative national hang gliding association.
Another opinion based alternative national hang gliding association - where Sam No-You-Don't-Get-An-Accident-Report Kellner's influence on towing policy was at worst equal to Tad's and for the past three plus years has been infinitely greater.
Do we want people in this organization who don't want an alternative national hang gliding association? Do we want people who hate hang gliding?
Do we want:
- people who hate aeronautical theory based hang gliding? Fuck yes!
- anyone who's had a:
-- Homosexual Relationship With A 12 Year Old Boy? Fuck no!
-- Heterosexual Relationship With A 12 Year Old Boy? Maybe. But the dude would hafta be a chick.
Do we want people who hate the US Hawks?
Who's the US Hawks? So far, solid Bob. (Ever think of trying to do something to make the people who hate the US Hawks hate it less? Just kidding.)
And if we don't, then how can we structure our Terms of Service to get what we do want?
Structure "OUR" Terms of Service...
Bob Kuczewski - 2014/11/19 19:12:48 UTC

So while my offer to reinstate "Nobody" based on a telephone discussion stands, I have to say that it will be a long conversation (maybe many conversations) and may not conclude with a restoration of posting rights.
...such that there will be a long conversation (maybe many conversations) with Emperor Bob which may or may not conclude with a clearance for posting rights. That's what you have the bar set at now. And that's for a known near five year Hang Three with no paraglider credentials. See how that one goes over in building an alternate national hang gliding association. Then throw in a loyalty oath for good measure.

The Bob Show was never the grassroots movement you represent it to be. It was ALWAYS an ultra paranoid dictatorship selling respect for free speech as its foundation. And as Emperor you COULD have at least made it a free speech entity. But instead you fine-printed it to death.

Man For All Seasons - 1966
William Roper: So, now you give the Devil the benefit of law!
Sir Thomas More: Yes! What would you do? Cut a great road through the law to get after the Devil?
William Roper: Yes, I'd cut down every law in England to do that!
Sir Thomas More: Oh? And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned 'round on you, where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat? This country is planted thick with laws, from coast to coast, Man's laws, not God's! And if you cut them down, and you're just the man to do it, do you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then? Yes, I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
And that's...
Zack C - 2011/12/17 14:56:03 UTC

I don't know whether you were genuinely doing what you felt was the right thing to do or just looking for convenient justification to finally can Tad, but I believe your actions were inappropriate and set a terrible precedent for your organization.
...EXACTLY what you've done - painted yourself into a corner and destroyed any credibility you might have started out with. You've now got a wolf by the ears. And when you start relaxing your grip there won't be a goddam thing you'll be able to do to prevent a commercial paragliding coalition to move in and gut the place - exactly the way Jack and his goons gutted HGAA. Good freakin' luck.

And as a member I'd have fought for your side in that conflict - same way I'm doing now in your Torrey situation.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

Bill Cummings - 2015/02/21 20:14:21 UTC

US Hawks,
I tend to prattle along too much. I asked my wife where the word prattle came from and she said, "Prattle, -- persistent rattle, --Prattle!"

I resemble that remark.

Family members have lovingly also pointed out that I had confused my most prideful trait of attention to detail, with, and not seeing it for what is really was, "knit picking."
If you really wanna knit pick recognize that the term is NITpick.
Another criticism that cut to the quick was, "Dad, does this train of thought actually have a caboose?"
My, what perceptive little people of varying ages you have there.
I don't feel that I'm unique in this regard by any means. Most of the seats in the US House and Senate are filled with like minded people that can "prattle" along endlessly and to detect any progress or movement on issues you would have to drive stakes.
I would fit right in.

This brings me to the realization that I may be more so an anchor than a propeller on this ships maiden voyage, shake down cruise, otherwise known as the, "Trial Board."
The Titanic was using a couple propellers on her maiden voyage. How'd that end up working out? Of everyone aboard - captain, crew, passengers, probably a few pets - what percentage do you think would've voted for propellers right after pulling out of Queenstown if they could've seen what was in store for them?
I volunteered as a Trial...
Fake.
...Board member as an experiment to see if I could be of assistance and whether or not it would be a good fit for me.
I see myself as being too deliberate, methodical and "knit picky."
Obviously not "knit picky" enough.
I have decided to retire from the trial board so as not to slow the progress that I wish to see within the US Hawks Hang Gliding Association.
Shit, Bob! Your percentage of Fake Board members who've killed other Bob Show members at their towing operations just jumped up five percent. Certainly that can't be very good for your image.
I am hopeful that one day we will be a parallel group to the USHPA.
Image Image Image
An association that has our directors voting record published by the secretary so that finally we know what happened behind closed doors.
And the doors hafta be closed why? Why shouldn't the discussions be taking place publicly online?
I would like to see some directors in place that I know have the sport hang gliding and hang gliding pilots priorities ahead of any personal financial gain or interests.
So how are you expecting that to happen? Already you have Sam in the can of worms who conceivably could be sued out of existence or cop a manslaughter conviction if information about the Terry Mason fatality leakeyed out.
I would like to see more observers that can give ratings -- like we used to have.
Aren't you gonna say anything about the first item Emperor Bob plopped on the Fake Board's agenda table - whether or not to keep The Bob Show a safe place for people of varying ages to visit? Better at least cast a Yea vote before your resignation is accepted. No telling how things are gonna go with what's left.
I had a dream last night that white vans pulled up to the doors of the other trial board members and they were all being lead out their houses in straight jackets and hauled away to padded cells.
And it was all my fault.
It won't be your fault. Bob should've been straightjacketed and hauled away to a padded cell decades ago and he's the sole architect of this totally insane free speech ASTERISKS train wreck.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

So Bill's 2015/02/21 20:14:21 UTC has been replaced by:
Edit
Let me get back to you all on this/
And...

Bill Cummings - 2015/02/21 21:27:37 UTC

I ran out of time to edit this post so all I can do is quote it now.

I just got off the phone with Bob and he assures me that my concerns about me being too "knit picky" to be and effective (experimental) Trial Board Member hasn't, in effect, shown up on his radar yet.
All kinds o' shit that hasn't shown up on Bob's radar yet. Reality, for starters.
(oh yeah well just wait a little bit.
He should talk to my wife.)

I was thinking of retiring from the Trial Board so that I wouldn't be holding up progress within the Trial Board but Bob suggested I give my decision some more thought.
Too bad he didn't suggest the same thing with respect to your take on weak links.
I've never sat on any type of board before so I don't have much confidence that won't muck things up.
How could you possibly muck up The Bob Show any more than it is already?
Any way I’ll try and learn from the other Trial Board Members...
'Specially Sam.
...how to do this job and give myself some more time before allowing my insecurities to get the best of me.
Bob Kuczewski - 2015/02/21 22:02:18 UTC

Thanks Bill!!
Percentage of Fake Board members who've killed other Bob Show members at their towing operations back down to twenty.
Forums are good for documentation...
Goddam right.
...but they're a notoriously difficult medium for holding discussions.
Lotsa goals worth achieving are notoriously difficult. I've been working for years trying to get through with the concept that a total power failure on takeoff hardly ever increases the safety of the towing operation. And that was on the books and being practiced in hang glider towing over forty years ago.
Someone should do a scientific study with a group of people who are more or less in agreement with one another.
Since when did you start giving flying fucks about scientific studies and their results?
Randomly split the group into two subgroups...
Good ol' boys and the unrepentant child molesters. Then lock the unrepentant child molester down someplace where he can't respond to attacks.
...and then have one group hold a personal meeting and have the other group hold a forum meeting. Here's my predicted results on the ability for each group to reach consensus on a topic where they pretty much agree from the beginning:

- Consensus reached by personal meetings: 99%
- Consensus reached by forum meetings: 3%

There were no forums when Hitler was getting things organized. A 99 percent consensus isn't always a good thing in the long run.
I know each of our board members reasonably well on a personal basis.
'Cept for Allen I only know participating Kite Strings members from their posts. And I'm pretty happy with the way that's worked out. We're a helluva lot more cohesive than you'll ever be 'cause arguments against Newtonian physics tend not to hold together very well for very long.
I would trust my life to any one of them.
Cool!

3. I knew Sam's background - and very publicly identified him as a dangerous, incompetent, scummy douchebag...

http://www.ushawks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=795
AL's Flight At Packsaddle 10-04-11
Terry Mason - 2011/12/01 19:55:00 UTC

Those of us who prefer to fly, will always wonder about the key board jocks, who frighten away new flyers with skitzoid horror stories of murder, and at the hands of friends who only wish to share the incomparable thrill of free flight. I'm reminded of Johnathan Livingston Seagull, striving against the ever present obstructionists. Thanks to Sam for limiting Our forum to FLYERS. See you soon Bob
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8143/7462005802_bbc0ac66ac_o.jpg

Any thoughts on what you'd like...

...on YOUR memorial tow trailer license plate?
They are all good honest people with good sincere intentions.
http://www.ushawks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1081
Platform towing /risk mitigation / accident
Sam Kellner - 2012/07/03 02:25:58 UTC

No, you don't get an accident report.
I just hope this **** forum...
...or reality...
...doesn't get in the way of us all working together!!!
Under Emperor Bob's total control.
If anyone ever feels like they're too "knit picky" or not "knit picky" enough or anything else ... please reach for the phone.
Or an AK-47 if the phone isn't handy.
This is a team that does hold differing opinions and that's what makes us stronger - if we don't let it drive us apart.
And Kite Strings is a team that doesn't tolerate opinions of any kind. So we're pretty united on two plus two equals four and we're the reason nobody's seeking out Jim Keen-Intellect Rooney's opinions on standard aerotow weak links anymore.
A personal phone call can go a long way toward helping us align our compasses on a common objective ... and reaching it.
And if only y'all had the slightest fucking clues what your common objectives were and how to go about achieving them things would be REALLY great!
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

http://www.ushawks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1763
Submittng Issues to the US Hawks Board of Directors
Bob Kuczewski - 2015/02/22 01:31:02 UTC

Issue Handling Procedures as of February 21st, 2015

Based on input from the Trial Board Members, I've established the following procedure for handling issues:

1. Issues may be introduced by either Board Members or US Hawks Members.
2. All issues will be discussed by the Board in a private forum dedicated for that purpose.
The phone conversations and email communications aren't out of view enough for you? What are you anticipating needing to hide from public view?
3. Upon reaching a decision, the topic being discussed (along with the actual vote) will be published.
I like the way that if you call somebody a pigfucker without stating your actual name you get locked down in Bob's Basement, lose the abilities to access personal messaging and a couple of subforums, view attachments, use the quote function outside of Bob's Basement but if you wanna REALLY fuck someone over - say, for example, support an arbitrary and illegal thuggish banning by an unelected bigoted, crackpot dictator - you get to keep your statements, arguments, presentations of "evidence" hidden from public view. With regular sockpuppets I at least get to hear what they're saying and counterattack accordingly.

And let's not forget that this is an unelected Fake Board stacked by the aforementioned unelected bigoted, crackpot dictator. The victim doesn't ever get a chance to be on it.

How come you assholes get to make The Bob Show a dangerous place for people of ALL ages to visit by doing shit like gutting hook-in check regulations and declaring stalls to be totally benign and piece o' shit bent pin releases that weld themselves shut at normal tow tensions no BIG DEAL while I just wanna make The Bob Show a dangerous place for people of VARYING ages to visit by communicating with them?

http://www.ushawks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=822
US Hawks Hook-In Verification Poll
Bob Kuczewski - 2011/11/04 15:17:15 UTC

You've had a platform here to make a pretty good case, and I think I'd prefer a straight pin myself. However, I do feel that the BIG DEAL you make about the differences is somewhat overblown.
Somewhat suck my dick, Bob.
This procedure may be modified by the Board as we learn what works and what doesn't.
Works and doesn't work to WHAT? The 130 pound Greenspot standard aerotow weak link was a proven system that worked for a couple decades but nobody was ever able to tell us what it worked to do.

P.S. At least run your topic titles through the spellcheck before submittng them.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

http://www.ushawks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1629
Jailed for taking pictures at Torrey
Bob Kuczewski - 2015/02/25 07:01:59 UTC

We finished closing arguments today.
There should never have been any arguments.
The judge will issue her decision on March 5th, 2015.
And that'll bring you up to four months of being presumed guilty until - or, actually, after - being proven innocent. Real bitch ain't it, Bob?
Brian Scharp - 2015/02/25 16:05:36 UTC

I'm not sure how to categorize that news.
Take it from a pro... Go with your gut.
Joe Faust - 2015/02/25 16:32:37 UTC

Give her undisturbed time to exclaim a just decision.
Or fabricate justification for a totally unjust decision.
Bill Cummings - 2015/02/25 17:39:59 UTC

Joe, (Your optimism is showing!)
Your short post elicits trepidation in me and possibly others hovering near this topic awaiting a conclusion.
Yeah.
Is the trepidation born of most of us not being first party to the evidence presented in court?
Or
Is the trepidation born of most of us not being confident in a "just decision." (?)
Bob Kuczewski - 2015/02/25 18:09:21 UTC

I have been very near this topic, and I have a tremendous amount of trepidation.

But I agree with Joe's sentiment. While I fear many possible mechanisms leading to injustice in this case, I think it's wise to have faith that the judge will be fair.
Yeah, right.
Bob Kuczewski - 2014/11/19 18:53:30 UTC

Hello Steve (cc Tad),

I've been having a conversation with Tad regarding your reinstatement to the general US Hawks forum.

As you may remember, I took the position that people should not be allowed to attack others on our forum without people knowing who they actually are ... in real life. That's why I restricted your posting to the "Free Speech Zone" on our forum.

I've seen too many forums where "puppet" users are created to make it appear that there are lots of people with a particular view, when the reality was that they were just a bunch of aliases for one person. In fact, I was personally told this by someone doing that exact thing on the hanggliding.org forum. I am hoping to do something better on the US Hawks forum.

So I've arrived at my own policy to avoid that situation. My policy is that I want to have a reasonable certainty of the identity of each person who is engaging in any significant personal attacks against others. I currently do that with at least one phone call (possibly more). It's not a perfect system, but I think it's better than what we see on most of the other national forums. I stand behind giving people a public voice, but only if they're willing to stand behind it as well.

I welcome the chance to discuss this with you, and you are welcome to call me any time at 858-204-7499.

Thanks for signing up with the US Hawks.

Sincerely,
Bob Kuczewski
See the parallel, Bob? You bloody well know who Bob Show Nobody is and that you have ZERO legitimate justification for restricting him in many ways much more severely than an anonymous unregistered surfer. But you're gonna get him on the telephone for gawd knows how many months to satisfy yourself that he's not a sockpuppet. And meanwhile you're gonna be trolling for some scrap of information you can use to justify your restraining order or permanent banning. Exactly the same bullshit you pulled with me.

That's my call on what's happening and what the outcome will be eight days from now. If this was gonna be a JUST outcome the bitch would've cleared you within the first five seconds and had four or five Jebb Gansters in handcuffs on shitloads of charges.

And then you'll have some kind of legal finding against you involving some kind of workplace violence. "Society" will have determined that YOU represent a danger to people of varying ages and YOU will be legally restricted from doing the kind of flying you probably want to do most and probably just going to a beautiful city park, watching the action, hanging out with friends, interacting with people of varying ages.

I'm a fuckin' expert on what that feels like and it's extremely ROTTEN. 24/7 - every conscious moment and into your dreams.

http://www.ushawks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=884
The Bob Show
Bob Kuczewski - 2011/12/16 20:50:32 UTC

I think this topic is mostly done. It was a sad ending, and I wish it had turned out differently.

But I did want to address Warren's comments on double jeopardy. We have a system of justice that requires people to "pay" for their crimes. Sometimes that payment is money, sometimes it's service, sometimes it's jail, and sometimes it's even death. But along with the notion of "paying" there should also be some level of remorse indicating a willingness to not repeat the offense. That's what Tad never exhibited, and that's what concerned me the most. Tad's unwillingness to admit he was wrong (in this very obvious case) was symptomatic of all the problems we've had with Tad in many other areas. His refusal to condemn his own conduct also made it difficult to have him on a forum where we do not screen people based on their age.
Maybe if you express some level of remorse indicating a willingness to not repeat the offense. Admit you were wrong (in this very obvious case), condemn your conduct, agree to have no contact with people of varying ages. Maybe in a few years they'll think about letting you have some kind of supervised access and allow you to take a picture or two.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

P.S. Post the fuckin' video. I can't imagine that doing so could do anything other than make it more awkward and embarrassing for the bitch to do what she's gonna do.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

Rick Masters - 2015/03/06 00:34:27 UTC

Scott C. Wise - 2015/03/06 00:43:37 UTC

I'm not sayin' nothin', . . . but, . . . YaaaaaHoooooooo! . . . . Image . . . Image . . . Image
Well, I'm astonished.

Mixed feelings. A glimmer of hope for some shred of justice but it would've been kinda nice to see Bob getting a better (bitter) taste of how it feels.

Hoping this decision can be of some use in doing some major damage to The Jebb Gang and USHGA.

P.S. Post the fuckin' video.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

Merlin - 2015/03/07 02:07:57 UTC

I have to say Bob, I'm trying to wrap my head around the first piece of good news I've had in this winter-from-hell. Congratulations. It feels like the ice is breaking up...
Yeah. And that's a GOOD thing. Opens up the Arctic Ocean to even more drilling. Cheap gas - makes the standard aerotow weak link pop even more of just an inconvenience. And fuck the seals, Polar Bears, everything on the planet that benefits for a stable climate.

Ain't it great the way that if you're a Bob Show ass kisser you get to stay anonymous and maintain full privileges - whatever the fuck they are. It's only if you're CRITICAL of any Bob Show ass kisser that one of Emperor Bob's special rules is kicked in.
Bob Kuczewski - 2015/03/07 07:11:16 UTC

Thanks Merlin!!

For some reason the images of your "winter-from-hell" and "the ice is breaking up" combined with my current joy of freedom brings to mind the Beatles tune: "Here comes the sun".
1. Yeah, somehow I knew how totally good you'd be with "the ice is breaking up" analogy.

2. Well isn't it just great that YOU have YOUR freedom. And you really deserve it because you were born an inherently wonderful person. And, likewise, I've certainly deserved everything I've gotten - and will continue to get for the remainder of my "life".

3. "Here Comes The Sun" was a George Harrison tune.

4. Brian Epstein was the guy who brought the Beatles out of obscurity. Died of a drug overdose at about the same age as my life was effectively, permanently, irrevocably over.

I lost my career for trying to do something to get the grotesquely incompetent and corrupt aerotowing industry to adhere to USHPA SOPs and FAA safety regulations. My life was put at a very real risk of being ended by that incompetence and illegality every single time I hooked up behind a Dragonfly in thermal conditions.

You got into hot water by being a somewhat obnoxious jerk over a total bullshit issue of a paragliding instructor not wearing a helmet while doing a kiting demo.

I totally supported you because I totally support the right of someone to be a somewhat obnoxious jerk if he's not hurting anyone - freedom of speech / the press sorta thing.

You never lifted a goddam finger to support me or the goal of making the flatlander flying environment competent, legal, safe. And you've done everything within your ability to undercut me and maintain the flatlander flying environment as incompetent, illegal, dangerous, corrupt. Not to mention the crap you've pulled to keep the hook-in check SOP totally gutted and maintain the unhooked foot launch fatality rate. So fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

And best wishes in whatever you can accomplish by way of demolishing The Jebb Gang. When there's a war between Al Qaeda and ISIS I cheer for Al Qaeda. See if you can do things without getting on the books any more bullshit regulations about mandatory helmets for hang checks in setup areas.

That one, by the way, is the most vile curtailment of the freedom of a rated pilot since THIS:
USHGA Aerotow Guidelines - 1985/07
from the USHGA Safety and Training Committee

A weak link must be placed between the tow line and the release at both ends of the tow line with the forward link ten percent stronger than the rearward weak link. The weak link must have a breaking strength less than 85% the weight of the hang glider and pilot combination, not to exceed 200 pounds.
Hewett inspired lunacy.

Come to think of it... That total shit went through without a single syllable's worth of objection from Donnell.

But the good news on that one was that it's pretty much impossible to get a glider off the ground at all under that bullshit the pigfuckers who put it in place eventually - after close to three decades - decided they were happy doubling those glider numbers. The Bob Kuczewski Helmet Regulation will, of course, stay on the books till hell freezes over.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

Bob Kuczewski - 2015/03/07 18:45:18 UTC

Copyrights on KiteStrings

Hi Tad,

The US Hawks Trial Board has been discussing your ban, and there have been suggestions of continuing the ban, but opening topics to discuss your ideas by essentially copying your posts and possibly entire topics from kitestrings.org.

I don't know how you feel about that option, but we would need to know what copyright restrictions you have on your material at KiteStrings, and if you would grant us the right to do such wholesale copying or not. Either response is understandable.

You're welcome to post this email and respond on-line, but for legal reasons, I would like an email response that makes your copyright position clear (since posts on forums can be modified at any time).

Thanks,
Bob Kuczewski
Trial Board Member of the US Hawks
Hi Tad,
Hi Bob.
The US Hawks...
Bob Show.
...Trial...
Fake.
...Board has been discussing your ban...
1. It's not MY ban. I did NOTHING to justify it. It's YOUR extrajudicial ban of ME.

2. Already? I didn't think it was allowed to for at least two months from 2015/02/17 04:06:03 UTC. Hasn't been near three weeks yet.;

3. Behind closed doors with no public scrutiny whatsoever of the proceedings. I'm on trial for a crime that I didn't commit that isn't - even now, retroactively - on any books.

- And I already have a jury handpicked by a bigoted, queer bashing, corrupt, entirely politically motivated prosecutor.

- Twenty percent of it is a brain dead, hawk shooting, Texas pigfucker who doesn't even read long winded "explanations" (of eight sentences or more) who, out in the real world, would have been excluded by virtue of...

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8143/7462005802_bbc0ac66ac_o.jpg

...a recent felony manslaughter conviction.

- Another twenty percent of it is the aforementioned bigoted, queer bashing, corrupt, entirely politically motivated prosecutor who's poised to overrule any possible Fake Jury majority.

- Another twenty percent of it is the "someone who wanted to remain anonymous" (AGAIN) who suggested that I be federally prosecuted for writing (with respect to Industry serial killer Davis Dead-On Straub):
We need to humiliate and destroy him - drive a stake through whatever he's using for a heart and decapitate him to make sure . . .
(Good thing he just quoted those twenty-three words and replaced the CONTEXT with his trademark ellipsis, isn't it Bob?)

Is that the kinda trial you just had? Didn't your side get to hear and challenge accusations against you, present exculpatory evidence? If you had put a bullet from an unauthorized unloaded handgun through a wall several decades ago would that issue have been ruled admissible?

What a total fucking farce. The only things Putin has over you are oil fields, the KGB, lotsa tanks, a nuclear (nukuler) arsenal, half of Ukraine, and a Super Bowl ring.
...and there have been suggestions of continuing the ban...
No shit? REALLY? Care to identify which of your handpicked douchebags have MADE those suggestions and what their justifications have been? Just kidding.
...but opening topics to discuss your ideas...
I do VERY LITTLE over here in the way of...

http://www.ushawks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=881
Davis Straub; Idiot Statist, Endless Wars & Tyranny
Warren Narron - 2015/02/07 02:25:31 UTC

Tad: Uncensored

IMO, Tad Eareckson's analysis and logic of things as they ought to be in hang gliding are right on the money.
...MY "IDEAS".
...by essentially copying your posts and possibly entire topics from kitestrings.org.
1. Entire topics? This one's now 509 posts long. Hope you have a big enough hard drive.

2. What the fuck does anything I've written OVER HERE - or anywhere else - 'specially subsequent to your bullshit extrajudicial mugging, have to do with the legitimacy of your extrajudicial mugging, Emperor What-Will-Keep-The-US-Hawks-From-Becoming-Another-USHPA-Or-HGAA? Bob?

3. My IDEAS? You gonna put something in the Bob Show bylaws about IDEAS members are allowed to have?
I don't know how you feel about that option...
1. See above. I'll be happy to clarify anything you're too fuckin' dense to understand.
2. What's it matter?
...but we would need to know what copyright restrictions you have on your material at KiteStrings...
1. See any ©s anywhere?
2. Kite Strings is two words.
...and if you would grant us the right to do such wholesale copying or not.
Do whatever the hell you want. It's the fuckin' web. And you will anyway - you've never before had the slightest problem misrepresenting my statements, posting quotes from me out of context, calling me a liar when I challenge your very deliberate and obvious misrepresentations.
Either response is understandable.
All of your responses are too - after one has done enough research and analysis.
You're welcome to post this email and respond on-line...
I'm welcome to post ANY email and respond on-line - 'specially hostile sleazy ones from hostile sleazy individuals.
...but for legal reasons, I would like an email response that makes your copyright position clear (since posts on forums can be modified at any time).
1. 'Cept I *NEVER* delete or alter the meanings of material in posts - and nobody can cite an example to the contrary.

2. First you log in and post here an acknowledgement of having read this response. And DO try to contain your compulsion to amend it with another dose of your signature Homosexual-Relationship-With-A-12-Year-Old-Boy spam.
Thanks,
Bob Kuczewski
And thank you, once again, for finally putting an end to all those setup area head injuries we were getting because people were clipped in sans helmets.

http://www.ushawks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=811
FTHI
Rick Masters - 2011/10/26 23:07:48 UTC

My good friends Bob Dunn and Dave Butz both launched unhooked. Bob held on to his base tube all the way down from Plowshare. The impact split his skull and he suffered terribly until he died during the night, alone.
And keep all those ideas about unhooked launch prevention coming. I really like the one about keeping your carabiner clipped to your chinstrap when you're not hooked in.
Trial...
...And Totally Impartial And Disinterested...
...Board Member of the US Hawks
Zack C - 2011/12/17 14:56:03 UTC

I don't know whether you were genuinely doing what you felt was the right thing to do or just looking for convenient justification to finally can Tad, but I believe your actions were inappropriate and set a terrible precedent for your organization.
Lotsa luck with the lipstick.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

http://ozreport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41335
What Rich said
Swift - 2015/03/07 18:20:23 UTC

Tim Herr Was at Bob K's Torrey Pines Trial

Could you give us an update of your understanding on what actually went on with the USHPA lawyer Tim Herr, at the Bok K., Torrey Pines, trial?
The USHPA lawyer was there, but in what capacity?
Rich Hass - 2015/03/08 07:18:59 UTC

Nothing went on, so far as I know.
Yeah, so far as you know.
My understanding is, he simply attended as a spectator.
Yeah, right.
He wasn't there on USHPA's behalf nor was he paid by USHPA to attend. That I know for certain.
Swift - 2015/03/09 20:57:55 UTC

Tim Herr, at plaintiff's table against USHPA pilot
Nothing went on, so far as I know.
Something went on. He was there for something.
Time is money to lawyers. They don't do something for nothing.
My understanding is, he simply attended as a spectator.
What, (who) is your new source of understanding?
Wouldn't a spectator sit in the public area instead of the plaintiff's table?
He wasn't there on USHPA's behalf nor was he paid by USHPA to attend. That I know for certain.
Lawyers rarely work for nothing. Maybe he was paid by the Gliderport corporation?
But that seems to be a conflict of interest in going against a USHPA member, right?
Is Tim Herr, local to San Diego? Is that why he may have been at the plaintiff's table on more than one occasion?
I'm now curious about how much Tim Herr, earns from USHPA, in any given year?
Mark G. Forbes - 2015/03/10 00:00:19 UTC

Tim works for entities other than USHPA, so the fact that he may be seen somewhere doing something doesn't mean that it's on USHPA's behalf, or that we're involved.
You're involved.
He's an attorney who also happens to fly hang gliders and has worked on USHPA's legal needs...
...and thus against hang gliding and the recreational pilot...
...over many years.
And constantly getting better at his job.
He is also involved in other legal representation for clients, some of which may be involved in our sport.
What IS "OUR" sport - motherfucker?
It may be that Tim was there (I don't know if he was) as part of his due diligence in representation of other clients. He decides how to allocate his time, and it's not our concern when we're not paying him to work on our cases.

BobK is currently appearing as an expert witness for the plaintiffs in a lawsuit against the Torrey Pines gliderport. He claims to have extensive knowledge of the industry state-of-the-art, best practices for instruction and so on.
Damn straight.

- Does feel that the BIG DEAL Tad makes about the differences between straight and bent pin releases is somewhat overblown.

- Knows all about the turbulent jet stream constantly flowing six inches over our wings that makes it absurdly dangerous to ever comply with USHGA's hook-in check regulation.

- Understands that Davis Link pops and the stalls they produce are totally harmless.
As a side note, I also understand that he managed to get himself arrested for trespassing again today at Torrey, apparently for refusing to leave after being asked to.
Oh.

- That's a SIDE NOTE.

- He MANAGED to GET HIMSELF arrested for trespassing AGAIN today at Torrey. When was the first time he was trespassing at Torrey?

- Some U$hPA thug asks ya to leave a public park and you refuse. And that constitutes trespassing.
We have an ongoing retainer relationship with Tim, which entitles us to a certain number of hours annually of legal work at a discounted rate. Hours beyond that are billed at an agreed price. Details of our annual expenses can be found by reviewing the financials posted on the USHPA website in the members only section.
Anything stopping Tim from doing a little pro bono / off the clock work to benefit our wonderful national association?

Fuck you, Mark.