General discussion about the sport of hang gliding
miguel

LMFP Release Dysfunction

Post by miguel »

Tad Eareckson

Re: LMFP Release Dysfunction

Post by Tad Eareckson »

Textbook natural selection.

The Jack Show has been going for four days shy of five years now and in that time anybody who's shown any flickers of intelligence, competence, honesty, character, decency has been fairly quickly eliminated from the population. So it doesn't take too long before all you have left is a deep and vast slick of pureed, homogenized, stinking, toxic, self congratulatory ooze.

This ain't rocket science.
miguel

Post by miguel »

The one time I was hoping for long and detailed, it is short and succinct. :shock: It was not negative either, so I guess this is a step in the right direction :(

Nice selection of smilies 8-)
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

I thought you got a lot of bang for the buck of a one (three letter) word question.

I'll DEFINITELY have a lot more to say on this but it occurs to me that one really needn't know enough about hang gliding to be able to distinguish one of our machines from a baby stroller to be able to offer some pretty solid commentary on that thread.

So, while I'm getting dug out enough to properly disembowel Jim, kermit, Diev, and Matt, I'd be extremely interested in hearing YOUR assessment of that conversation and the issues and participants.

And feel free to use all the smilies and frownies you want - we got a good deal on a bulk shipment.
miguel

Post by miguel »

I'll write up something on Sat.

I have flown with Diev before and he is not the asshat you make him to be.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

- People don't make ME out to be an asshat, I'm a LITTLE less inclined to make THEM out to be asshats.

- I don't mind all that much being made out to be an asshat by someone IF he has the data to back up the portrayal.

- But someone who makes me out to be an asshat REALLY better know what he's talking about and/or doing. That is definitely not the case with respect to that thread.

Look forward to your comments. I'll hold off on mine for a bit lest I steal any of your thunder or (further) influence what you have to say.
miguel

Post by miguel »

It was a fine, fine weekend. The temps were in the 70s. (Normal temps are 90s and 100s) I could not force myself to sit inside and tap on a keyboard.

I have not forgotten and will get something up.
miguel

Post by miguel »

I do not know anything about the LMFP release other than some people report having problems with it, in certain situations. I saw Diev's response as logical and what worked for him. He did not present himself as an all-knowing expert.

From where I sit, all hg towing releases have some sort of issue. Towing knowledge seem to follow the "10 blind men describing the elephant" model. An instructor teaches you the safe way to use his release. Hopefully the pilot uses the release within the safe parameters for the release and the release works.

I truly hope that Tad's release works without any issues, 100% of the time.
Steve Davy

Post by Steve Davy »

Some folks just can't learn, some folks just don't want to learn. Here we have both.

http://ozreport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=592
Linknife

I don't tow, yet I can see clearly that only one person on that thread had anything intelligent to say. AND I'm not even very smart.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

http://www.kitestrings.org/post527.html#p527
Nobody - 2011/07/19 05:31:58 UTC

Learn how to launch with a tight hang strap! There, problem solved.
Nobody - 2011/07/19 05:46:41 UTC

Some folks just can't learn, some folks just don't want to learn. Here we have both.

http://ozreport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=592
Linknife

I don't tow, yet I can see clearly that only one person on that thread had anything intelligent to say. AND I'm not even very smart.
I swear folks - I DID NOT register under another screen name and post those.

Zack, PLEASE verify this and back me up.