The Bob Show

General discussion about the sport of hang gliding
Tad Eareckson

Re: The Bob Show

Post by Tad Eareckson »

http://www.ushawks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1172
Don't mess with Tx. chickens viewer discretion advised
Sam Kellner - 2012/11/29 02:14:13 UTC

We've had a hawk after the chickens for a week or so.
Maybe it would've been a good idea to act in a responsible manner and protect them in an enclosure.
The chickens were all in the thicket west of the grape arbor, hiding and making danger/alarm sounds.
Maybe it would've been a good idea to act in a responsible manner and protect them in an enclosure.
I was outside and had the 20ga with #4 shot. I walked up near the grape arbor and after standing there ~5minutes, I saw the hawk sitting on the ground amongst some weeds, not 15ft in front of me.
Maybe it would've been a good idea to act in a responsible manner and protect them in an enclosure - pigfucker.
I got a shot off but the dust flew and the hawk was a split second ahead of me. He got away!
Thus leaving you invulnerable to prosecution under the Federal Migratory Bird Treaty Act (16 USC, 703-711).
This afternoon I was working on the RV area outback near the hen house. I heard a loud squalking commotion around in front of the house.
Still hadn't done anything to protect your birds, I see.
I picked up the 20ga. and ran around the house, with the hammer cocked, thinking the hawk would be on top of a chicken.
Gee Sam, I'da thunk you'd have had your fill of killing US Hawks...

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8143/7462005802_bbc0ac66ac_o.jpg

...last summer.
What a surprise. The chicken was on top, the hawk was dazed. The hen was after his eyes. He was a goner. Image
Yeah, if you were gonna shoot her anyway you might as well have just stood by and let her get killed by the hen.
The hen has two weekold chicks. The hawk got a third chick a couple of days ago.
We have named the hen Red Revenge!

My call... Sharpy - adult female.

So you're just gonna keep leaving your birds unprotected outside and keep shooting hawks and owls for being hawks and owls?

You OK with this, Bob? Oh, right. You don't want no fuckin' gov'mint regulations telling people what they can and can't do. And your logo bird is just a logo you try use to attract like minded assholes to your dictatorship and you don't really know anything or give a flying fuck about the actual bird.

Anybody reading reading this who's a fraction as outraged about this as I am...

There are A LOT of hang gliding people who feel VERY strongly about birds in general and raptors in particular. This is an excellent opportunity to get that motherfucker some of the condemnation and ostracism he missed out on when he made a good decision in the interest of Terry's safety earlier this year.

John and Dale Stokes
Steve Seibel
Scott Wilkinson
Christopher LeFay
Davis Straub

Yeah, I know... But my enemy who's an enemy of one or two of my other enemies can be useful.

Put it out on the Jack and Davis Shows. At the very worst it'll be extremely entertaining.
---
Continued at

http://www.kitestrings.org/post3344.html#p3344
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

Returning from:
http://www.kitestrings.org/post3344.html#p3344
---
http://www.hanggliding.org/viewtopic.php?t=27676
Appalling !
michael170 - 2012/11/30 01:02:07 UTC

Appalling !
From the OZ report forum:
http://ozreport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30120
Felix Cantesanu - 2012/11/30 03:04:32 UTC
Baltimore

awesome!
-
Flying is a dream!
Life is great.
H3 - Sport 2 155
Fuck you - asshole.

And thank you very much for helping confirm my opinion of people who sign off with shallow callous crap like:
Life is great.
michael170 - 2012/11/30 03:51:08 UTC

We've had a hawk after the chickens for a week or so. The chickens were all in the thicket west of the grape arbor, hiding and making danger/alarm sounds.
I was outside and had the 20ga with #4 shot. I walked up near the grape arbor and after standing there ~5minutes, I saw the hawk sitting on the ground amongst some weeds, not 15ft in front of me.
I got a shot off but the dust flew and the hawk was a split second ahead of me. He got away!

This afternoon I was working on the RV area outback near the hen house. I heard a loud squalking commotion around in front of the house. I picked up the 20ga. and ran around the house, with the hammer cocked, thinking the hawk would be on top of a chicken.
What a surprise. The chicken was on top, the hawk was dazed. The hen was after his eyes. He was a goner. Image
`
The hen has two weekold chicks. The hawk got a third chick a couple of days ago.
We have named the hen Red Revenge!
Jim Gaar - 2012/11/30 04:22:47 UTC

Well michael170 you left out the punchline. Left out was the statement of law pertaining to the protection of said, now possibly blind hawk.
Look at the photos:

She's dead. And a blind hawk is a dead hawk in any case.
Poor thing...

In Sam's defense...
Fuck anybody who defends or has anything so much as neutral to say about that piece of shit - especially you and...

http://www.ushawks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=463
Davis Straub's "Oz Report" Conflict of Interest
Bob Kuczewski - 2011/02/16 01:43:31 UTC

As for Sam, I think you may have him wrong (or I may have misinterpreted your statement). I think Sam is a good and conscientious man, and I would respectfully ask you to reconsider your judgement of him.
...Bob.
...and without condoning the shooting of a hawk (which I myself would not do) me thinks that maybe in this case Sam is not the manic bird killa that you want to portray him as.
- Just all the other cases that nobody ever hears about.
- He didn't shoot her. He wasn't able to get the shot off in time. If he had we wouldn't have heard about it.
The damage Sam might do shooting at his local hawk population is nothing in comparison to the shear numbers of hawks and owls (mostly owls) that I see as roadkill along the highway.
- He doesn't just shoot AT the local hawk population. He SHOOTS and KILLS hawks - hawks pulled in and concentrated from the local and wintering population with the bait he has running around loose and unprotected.

- Compare the number of hawks and owls you've hit with your car in your lifetime to the number of hawks and owls Sam shoots each year.

- If 0.0001 percent of the population killed as many hawks and owls as Sam does the continent would've been raptor free a hundred and fifty years ago.
Yes it's natures way I know apples and oranges...
Yep. Asphalt, gas guzzlers cruising around at seventy, and shotguns. Nature's way.
Come on. Dude was protecting his livestock!
Yeah?
The hawk got a third chick a couple of days ago.
He was doing a shit job of it.
This is America...
Yeah.

http://www.hanggliding.org/viewtopic.php?t=22540
LMFP release dysfunction
Jim Gaar - 2011/07/14 15:40:13 UTC

In a litigious society like the U.S. it's all part of the game. If you don't like it, you just take your ball and go home...

This is the reality of the sport we love. "Always the student". Learn how to use it or don't. You just missed out on what every American pilot already knows from birth.

We assume risk every day. Sometimes with a LMFP release. Hope you get your issues ironed out. The classified section is ready if you don't. 8-)
And if you don't feel like adhering to the laws which protect people...
...and wildlife...
...just piss all over them.
OK he's been exposed.
- Not nearly enough - YET.
- He needs to be arrested.
Take note and move along there.
He doesn't take marching orders from assholes like you. This issue isn't over.

And the hit counters are now going up pretty nicely at the Davis, Jack, and Bob Shows - and not doing bad here. Thank you very much Ridgerodent and michael170. There's no question whatsoever that we've got a few people pissed off on this one.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

Margie Holland (majiemae) - 2012/11/29 18:29:25 UTC
San Diego

Wow - hey, it just goes to show - you don't mess with a grieving mama (chicken or otherwise).
Really Margie? I'm guessing Sam's keeping that mama so he can eat her kids either:
- a) before they hatch
- b) after they hatch
- c) all of the above

What's your take?
She sure showed that bully what for! Image
- Yeah. A Sharpy tries to keep herself alive the only possible way she can and that makes her a bully.

- And, of course, YOU'RE not a bully because you only get your eggs from styrofoam cartons and your chicken from plastic.

- Or do you only eat grass - grown without benefit of pesticides of course?

- And just how long do you think a week old Sharpie would last if it fell out of its nest and landed in front of that hen?

- Maybe Sam should also shoot every one of these:

that comes over? 'Cause I one hundred percent guarantee you that if he decides to bully a week old chick he won't end up with his head bludgeoned in underneath a grieving mama chicken.

- Wanna start making a list of native wildlife that would've made a meal out of that week old chick and eliminate everything on it?

- When you and Sam are through there won't be anything left to show us where the thermals are except for other gliders.

- And Sam might end up with a few problems with his chickens, thicket, and grape arbor that he hadn't really counted on after converting the Leakey greater metropolitan area to a biological desert.
Horray for Texas Chickens!!! Image Image Image
They're NOT "Texas Chickens". They're Asian Jungle Fowl. And the Sharpies were in this hemisphere a million years before our species of monkey loaded them in their boats and floated them over.

Stupid, callous, hypocritical, brain dead bitch. You have no idea how terrified I was that you assholes were gonna take that election earlier this month.

P.S. Probably need to decide on a new national bird as well. Asian Jungle Fowl or European Starling maybe. Any thoughts?
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

Oops.

Appalling !
michael170 - 2012/12/01 00:08:04 UTC

http://www.fedcenter.gov/Articles/index.cfm?id=2440

This act (16 USC 703-711, last amended in December 1989), is a Federal law that enforces international conventions for the protection of migratory birds and game animals to which the United States is a party.

Unless permitted by regulations, it is unlawful at any time, by any means or in any manner, to pursue, hunt, take, capture, kill, attempt to transport or cause to be transported, carry or cause to be carried, or receive for shipment, transportation, carriage, or export, any migratory bird, any part, nest, or egg of any such bird, or any product, whether or not manufactured, which consists, or is composed in whole or in part, of any such bird or any part, nest, or egg thereof, included in the terms of the conventions for the protection and conservation of migratory birds and game mammals between the United States and the USSR, the United States and Mexico, and the United States and Japan (16 USC 703). It is also unlawful to ship, transport, or carry, by any means whatever, from one state, territory, or district to or through another state, territory, or district, or to or through a foreign country, any bird, or any part, nest, or egg thereof, captured, killed, taken, shipped, transported, or carried at any time contrary to the laws of the state, territory, or district in which it was captured, killed, or taken, or from which it was shipped, transported, or carried (16 USC 705). [NOTE: This law includes essentially all species of birds, not just those typically considered migratory. Only exceptions include Rock Dove (pigeon) and European Starling]. Full Text of Act available here.

http://www.fws.gov/laws/lawsdigest/migtrea.html
Tad didn't do his homework.
Tad Eareckson - 2012/11/29 04:25:24 UTC

Thus leaving you invulnerable to prosecution under the Federal Migratory Bird Treaty Act (16 USC, 703-711).
Looks like the sonuvabitch IS vulnerable to prosecution under the Federal Migratory Bird Treaty Act (16 USC, 703-711).
Dave Boggs - 2012/12/01 00:53:47 UTC

and I bet somewhere in there there is a clause that covers birds randomly killing your shit.and after self protection of property you arent allowed to keep the remains in any part..
1. You BET? Why BET when you can just READ it and see that it doesn't?

2. In fact...
Public Law 105-312, Migratory Bird Treaty Reform Act of 1998, amended the law to make it unlawful to take migratory game birds by the aid of bait if the person knows or reasonably should know that the area is baited. This provision eliminates the "strict liability" standard that was used to enforce Federal baiting regulations and replaces it with a "know or should have known" standard. These amendments also make it unlawful to place or direct the placement of bait on or adjacent to an area for the purpose of taking or attempting to take migratory game birds, and makes these violations punishable under title 18 United States Code, (with fines up to $100,000 for individuals and $200,000 for organizations), imprisonment for not more than 1 year, or both.
...a reasonably good argument can be made that he's baiting these birds in. You put week old chicks out in the yard, there are hawks in the area, what do you THINK is gonna happen?
The other point ,he didnt shoot the bird his hen was protecting its young, no matter how many times he said he wanted to or was trying to ,at no part did I read that he did violate the regs technically.
Yeah Dave? You don't read any better than you write.

THIS:
and THIS:
I picked up the 20ga. and ran around the house, with the hammer cocked, thinking the hawk would be on top of a chicken.
doesn't constitute hunting or pursuing?
Learned a little about these laws for mocking birds,territorial noisy ass birds,protected ,but until they lay eggs you can scare them to another area as long as you dont hurt them..
Another out would be invite my buddy ,the Falconer, over,... they have outs for accidents. Image
Like in any game bird season he has license to hunt game bird but his hawk "accidently" kills something else. Image
Yeah Dave, let's look for quasi legal ways to kill birds for the crime of SINGING. (Need to run that one by Harper Lee and get her take.)

Bill Cummings - 2012/12/01 03:33:26 UTC

majiemae, Yup partner! Even the Texas chickens aren't ----chicken---I mean--- (that didn't come out right.) oops
No Bill, that didn't come out right AT ALL.
Ryan Voight - 2012/12/01 04:21:42 UTC

I am appalled... that you would post this crap here Image
Thank you very much, Ryan, for confirming that you're consistently sleazy across the board. Even scum like Davis likes raptors enough not to have attacked Ridgerodent or supported Sam.
Nobody - 2012/12/01 05:33:05 UTC

Yep. That's pretty much all that is left. Pigfuckers, Morons, and Assholes.
And people who stand by when they see something wrong and say and do NOTHING 'cause they want to remain valued members of the big happy Jack Show family.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

P.S. Hey Dave,
How 'bout getting your falconer buddy's opinion of Sam and what he's doing and getting back to us on it?
Maybe he'd like to comment on Felix, Jim Gaar, Ryan, and the apparent reaction from the Jack Show crowd as well.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

We've had a hawk after the chickens for a week or so.
You had A "hawk"? How do you know you didn't have several hawks after the chickens for a week or so? I notice you didn't specify anything about species, sex, age.
The chickens were all in the thicket west of the grape arbor, hiding and making danger/alarm sounds.
Not perceiving you as a threat.
So you're one hundred percent positive that that was THE hawk that had been after the chickens for a week or so. There's no possibility that she was in the yard for the first time and was parked after taking a shot at a Starling and missing.
The hawk got a third chick a couple of days ago.
Did you see it? I notice you're not saying you took a shot at it. It was THE hawk. There's no possibility that it was the little girl's kitty from two houses down the street?

Hey Margie...
Margie Holland - 2012/11/29 18:29:25 UTC

She sure showed that bully what for! Image
Horray for Texas Chickens!!! Image Image Image
If Sam had blown the kitty away while it was trying to run off with the chick it had just snatched snatched while little Susie was standing there screaming would you have been saying:
He sure showed that bully what for! Image
Horray for Texas Pigfuckers!!! Image Image Image
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

Appalling !
Lyle Anderson - 2012/12/01 20:47:48 UTC
Blythe, California

I am a hunter, farmer, an old sky surfer from the 60s and I love flying with hawks. Sometimes however there is conflict with wildlife that can only be resolved by the death of said wildlife.
1. You could maybe make that argument with respect to a cattle rancher and a wolf pack. Of course then you might get into some questions about who was here first and whether or not cattle ranchers have the moral right to keep expanding and reproducing until every last square inch of the continent capable of supporting cattle is put under the control of cattle ranchers.

2. This isn't one of those situations. Sam's livelihood isn't poultry and if the economics of his little flock are anything like the economics of my sister's little flock he's putting five times as many dollars into it as he's getting out of it.

3. There are PLENTY of conflicts between humans and wildlife that are best resolved by the deaths of said humans. Ivory poachers and lion hunters come to immediate mind.

4. This was NOT a conflict which could only be resolved by the death of said wildlife. It could have been very EASILY, cheaply, and better resolved with chicken wire. The chicks would've been big enough to eliminate the Sharpy as a threat within two or three weeks.
This guy shot at (but did not injure) the hawk for going after his chickens...
HE DID NOT. He took a shot at it when it was parked on the ground and after the chicks had taken cover.
My mother shot at and injured a man (shot him in the ass as he ran away) when he tried to take her chickens - 1920s).
No comment without more information.
His choice of words might get him a ticket and or fine if the man with a badge got involved.
I'm hoping the man with the badge DOES get involved. I reported the situation to the US Fish and Wildlife Enforcement Division earlier today.
I use noise makers (blank shotgun shells) to scare off birds from my fields. If that does not work, I have found that it is best to follow The Three S law... Shoot, Shovel, and Shut Up!
Yeah, why bother having wildlife protection laws?
Zeph - 2012/12/01 21:15:15 UTC
Iowa

Stupid Hawk brought a beak to a gun fight. Image
1. The stupid hawk didn't show up for a fight. The stupid hawk was trying to feed herself. You pay somebody to kill your birds for you, she has to do the job herself.

2. The stupid hawk wasn't killed by a gun. The stupid hawk was killed by a beak.

3. Asshole.
Tim Dyer - 2012/12/01 21:16:08 UTC
Las Vegas

The Three S law has been in use in Las Vegas for a long time! :shock:
No doubt whatsoever.

Enjoy your Lake Meade while it lasts.
Steve Davy

Post by Steve Davy »

I'm hoping the man with the badge DOES get involved. I reported the situation to the US Fish and Wildlife Enforcement Division earlier today.
Thank you.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

Not at all. It was a distinct pleasure.
Tad Eareckson

Post by Tad Eareckson »

Appalling !
Steven Leiler - 2012/12/01 22:17:55 UTC
Durham, Connecticut

All our animals are recused...
From what? Jury duty?
...and part of the family - dog, cats, fish, chicken, rabbits and a woodchuck thing that lives in my daughter's room, might be a hamster.

We would do anything thing to protect our family.
Yeah?
- Steal chickens from Cal Glider's mom?
- Shoot Cal Glider's mom then steal her chickens?
- Shoot other people's pets to feed your pets?
- Shoot Ivory-Billed Woodpeckers to feed the cats?
- Rat out the Jewish family in the attic to get extra ration cards?
- Shoot other people's kids to feed the dog?
- Deliver weapons-grade plutonium to get the hamster back from Al Qaeda kidnappers?
A red tail got our chicken before I finished the netting over her pen.
1. You took responsibility for that bird before you were properly prepared to take her.
2. You left her unprotected and unguarded.
3. You COULD have done any of a number of things to keep properly protected until you finished the netting. This one ain't rocket science.
My daughter and wife nursed it back to health. Any one of us would have killed that hawk if we had the chance.
1. To prevent the attack?
2. To interrupt the attack?
3. As revenge for the attack and to punish her for being a Redtail?
As a side note We have helped save a half dozen hawks over the years.
Yeah? What did you feed them? Alfalfa or chickens, rabbits, and hamsters that nobody cared about?
This is Elsie and Bella:

Which one's which?